Need New Drain-Hose...? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need New Drain-Hose...?

Cranmaro99

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer 5.0 AWD
I'm not sure if any of you remember my post a while back, but long story short I had a major water leak in my Explorer, and my friend and I traced it to my sunroof leaking. It was the drivers side rear drain hose that was clogged up completely. Of course, the Explorer has a slight "gangster leak" so the water naturally always wants to go to that side of the car when draining.

We used compressed air to clear the hose out, but it took forever to unclog, so I'm sure it still was always barely draining.

-------

Long story short my sunroof is leaking again badly and its from the same spot. I just want to know if/where I can get a completely new drain hose for the sunroof system because the old ones are just toast.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure if any of you remember my post a while back, but long story short I had a major water leak in my Explorer, and my friend and I traced it to my sunroof leaking. It was the drivers side rear drain hose that was clogged up completely. Of course, the Explorer has a slight "gangster leak" so the water naturally always wants to go to that side of the car when draining.

We used compressed air to clear the hose out, but it took forever to unclog, so I'm sure it still was always barely draining.

-------

Long story short my sunroof is leaking again badly and its from the same spot. I just want to know if/where I can get a completely new drain hose for the sunroof system because the old ones are just toast.
Auto parts houses have all sorts and sizes of hoses.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll do just that.

----

Secondary question: I took the headliner off to see where the drain hoses traveled. It was easy to see where they traveled until it got to the VERY END of the drain hose. The rear drain hoses seem to tuck down behind the rear passenger doors into some expanding foam or something and I can't find the very end of the hose.

So I have to cut through this stuff?

Secondary question: I took the headliner off to see where the drain hoses traveled. It was easy to see where they traveled until it got to the VERY END of the drain hose. The rear drain hoses seem to tuck down behind the rear passenger doors into some expanding foam or something and I can't find the very end of the hose.

So I have to cut through this stuff?

Any input on this part?

Back