• Register Today It's free!

Need new front seats

jonlax

Reaction score
City, State
Bensalem, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 xlt
Currently have a 2001 explorer sport and the problem is the front driver seat!

I sat down on it this past July and it sucks! My @$$ sank down on one side and well it was not comfortable. The springs are toast and well i sat in a 2007 explorer and the seats were firm and had some support. I want them but do not know what fits from year to year in the new explorers. Any help would be great. I do not think i will be driving her till i get this worked out since i cant stand the lopsided feel along with my back hurting after 30 minutes.

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea and a pillow wouldn't work either so best not drive it at all . . .

I believe and second gen/sport trac seat will fit w/o problems.

I've got the exact same issue, my lumbar is shot, and the leather is cracking....I'm guessing I'd probably need to replace both/all seats so they match?

They don't HAVE to match if you wan a very "fun" looking interior.

Does yours have the seperate headrest or is it the one piece seat?
I have the leather ones with seperate headrest and adjustable lumbar and find them to
work well and Im 200lbs yet the one piece seats in my freinds explorer kill my back.

A little update i ended up getting one from a recked on at a shop i know. It matches but i still want Black leather ones from the ST. Anyone know of any that are like the iron man edition that some of the new explorers have let me know. I cant take how uncomfortable the one peice are. My back can only last so much longer!

Jon

Back