OMG - My dog ate my seats! Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OMG - My dog ate my seats! Help!

mixtus

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ok so my dog sits in the back of my ford explorer. For some reason he decided to eat his way from the back into the front. He ripped up the back bucket seats in my 2001 Explorer along with some of the foam padding. The interior is just a basic grey fabric.

I need some suggestions...

where can I find replacement back seats? ( junk yard? i am in southern california )

what year seats will fit the track in the back? ( guessing 95 - 2001 )

would seats from newer years fit? ( i would love to have the child latches for car seats ).

any other info or thoughts anyone could add would be great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how about adding a dog cage area in the back so it wont happen again?

agreed

even better - he never goes in the truck anymore. My dog is afraid of fireworks and someone had been lighting them off near the truck. He lost his mind and tried to escape. 9 years of being in the back of the truck with no issues.

you might try you local pick-a-part

...and if you have a 4-door, you cannot use seats out of a sport- they're specific to each model...

a friend my mine's brother recently went nuts and had to be put in a nursing home (The bad), He had an 04 or 03 ST, with a full back seat and the bed extender (the good). So since the bank was gonna come get the truck I offered the friend some cash for the back seat and bed extender. Bed extender worked like a charm. The back seat now thats a different story. The floor mounts were perfect and everything went in like a glove except the back rest wouldn't stay back. The issue is at some point in time Ford changed how the back rest mated the truck. There is a slot on the back of the passenger side that looks like it would mate up with a hook of sorts.

So what did I do? Bungie strap to the child seat mounts. I know its ghetto but it works for the time being. I have plans for my back seat area but it has to wait for me to get the time. From this I would say, stay as close as you can to the year and model...

Back