need serious HELP! and advice- fuel system/ pressure problem? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need serious HELP! and advice- fuel system/ pressure problem?

One more thought, make sure some kind of furry bas&%rd didn't make a home in your intake box or pipe and plug it. When you have the pipe off and spray fluid in it, it can draw air from the TB, but when it's all hooked up there could be a blockage, and you said it would sputter a bit once in awhile, which could indicate that....also maybe try starting it without the MAF wiring connected. It won't run good but it might run.

And good luck getting that plug out, make sure you put some anti-seize on the new ones.

-Ted

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what an afternoon I had with the X! I'm beat.

good news/ bad news to follow.

here are the pieces of this puzzle supplied to me for really cheap by fordmandan87- thanks bro!

oct29th07001.jpg

Injectors and fuel rail in place, complete with brand new pressure regulator and gaskets.

oct29th07003.jpg

The extracto-ratchet I rigged up to pull out that spark plug, ruined a socket but at this point I dont care.
oct29th07007.jpg

Once I drill this pin hole out big enough I will use the above tool to remove the plug below. hopefully.

oct29th07009.jpg

Note the dipstick tube snapped off on the left. It took me all afternoon to drill that tiny hole in the spark plug/ broken extractor. I broke the next biggest drill bit off in the hole and almost cried. Luckily I could pull the bit out with pliers.

I tried some bits that I had lying around, tried a bit on my dremel, nothing will cut this stuff. Going to have to go buy some bad ass drill bits. I need something to drill hardened steel(the extractor snapped off in the snapped off plug, making this nearly impossible to cut)- any advice?

I got sick of wondering if the new set of injectors was the fix for my fuel issue. I turned the key, the truck fired right up after cranking for maybe 5 seconds, running on 5 cylinders!!!
oct29th07008.jpg

I have not heard this engine run since before I joined this forum, I had tears welling up when I took this pic. Thank you guys- but especially fordmandan!

Once I get that plug out I just have to fix the dipstick tube,rear brake lines and put in a new electric shift motor for the transfer case. Things are looking up.

when u wish u had 25 yr factory warr

eeek what rust !! guess the tool i have in this pic will not help only thing that may save you is the head being softer then the plug you are trying to get out
ive broke those screw extractors off before its not a welcome sight , before u put intake back on id make sure u can get plug out as you have gone this far u may have to take head off even to get the drill file ings out plus you have done part of the work to take head off gd luck :salute:

with as rusty as the truck is I do not even want to think about removing the cylinder head. I'll get that plug out, fill the cylinder with oil and use an extractor to suck it out.

well guess what? I broke off ANOTHER #4 bolt extractor in the old spark plug today. SOAB!

So I'm going to take the upper and lower intake back off (yay) and try to pull the drivers side clyinder head off.

I've never had an engine that far apart before, so this is getting interesting. I just soaked the whole head down in PB blast and I guess I'll go back out there and work till dark.

auhhh they do brake off easy. but aleast u can replace head gasket an have no worries. i have my trans out now plus gas tank broke 2 y pipe bolts on that side now ive gotta take manifold off if i cant drill them from bottom end / first plug change i did a few yrs back my spark plugs came out hard felt like someone put them in useing a 3/4 inch braker bar or something previous owner must of gone to a qwickee lube place nooooooo!!!!

good luck wolfnutts- I feel your pain! Get some cobalt bits in increasing sizes, will be a piece of cake ,unless you broke a bolt extractor off in there :)

I got the upper and lower off again last night and called it a day. Later today I'll remove the head and pray that I can use it and didn't damage the piston.

Back