• Register Today It's free!

Need some advice for a body lift.

Arsenil

Reaction score
City, State
Monte-Carlo
Year, Model & Trim Level
Limited 97 4.0l 4WD
Hey guys so as you can see i'm kind of new inf the forum. I'd like to tanks everyone on it, cause lot of time you saved my truck and gave me lot of good advice. Since i moved out of USA, and i'm back in France :thumbdwn: :mad: i had the good idea to buy a ford explorer that i got now for 6 month really happy but i wanna make it big and lound as american use to do ^^ Love it ^^ :usa:

So i followed up lot of instruction because i already changes some parts on it, and i'll not be down till i got a monster truck ( For france ).

So i already changed my suspenssion i put some brand new : Rancho RS90000XL Front/rear and i add a Leaf Procomp series.

So i also bought the body lift PA853, that you all recommended for a body lift. But the problem is that i don't have lot of space in my garage. What should i do go in a pro garage ? Or still do it my self? I have all the tools for but, i'm scared to break something appart...

Then also what kind of exhaust should i put on it. Wanna hear the muscle...

Waiting on all your advice. I got some pics of my truck :

exp1.JPG

exp2.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just go to the how to thread on the forum and read over the instructions. its a lot better doing it yourself and learning how to do it rather than spend 300+ dollars on someone doing it for you and not knowing what else has been done. its a learning experience... set some time over a weekend with 2 or 3 other people and get it done. good luck!

You don't need a lot of space to do a body lift. You don't actually take the body off. Just jack up one side at a time. The hardest part is getting the body bolts out. After that, it's a piece of cake.

its a lot better doing it yourself and learning how to do it rather than spend 300+ dollars on someone doing it for you and not knowing what else has been done.

Actually thanks a lot for your reply, so tomorow it's the big day. Waking up early, and i've a good friend coming over my place to do it. I already printed out the thread how to and already read it 3 times... I know that i'll make it well but you know it's not like changing suspenssion or add a leaf... I don't want to kill my car... And also 300$ is not that much for where i leave, it will be some much more like maybe 1000$ to make it LOL. People in france are stupid, but what ever. So i've 3 jacks (12 tones they are made for bus ^^:thumbsup: like that i'm sure i'll have no trouble ) And 2 nice wood thing to jack it up more. All tools also, and budweiser might be a good idea.

Anyway, i'll post some pics here within 2 days and let you know what happen good and bad. I'm also going to do a cover to protect everything underneath like a huge skd plate and other stuff ^^

Just jack up one side at a time. The hardest part is getting the body bolts out.

What do you mean when you say it's hard ? Like Need to burn it with a torch? Or cut the bolt off ? Because i add a leaf and it was a lil bit a pain in the ass those bolt to cut of with a manual saw blade... It tooks some time but i made it lol. What ever will buy a disc to grind it if i need it...

Thanks also to you for your advice. I really apreciated your investigation.:thumbsup:

Back