interscope8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Purdue University
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4x4
Hey everyone!

This will be my last thread for awhile, Im gunna take my weekend projects easy for a bit and wanna save for new rims and wheels. I for sure want Duratracs on my trac... but i need help finding rims.

I was thinking about these:
http://www.mambawheels.com/Mamba_Wheel_Line/Mamba_Type_M6.htm

Chrome on silver doesnt really do it for me, I have a billet grille at home waiting for some free time, so im imagining a little chrome there would make a little chrome on the rims look good. But i want everything on my trac primarily blacked out. Anyone have any rim suggestions? My budget is like a college kid's budget... lol. Im aiming for under $130 a rim... 18's would be awesome, but Ill settle for 16s!

Besides rims/ wheels my other high dollar project is exhaust. Have the muffler, trying to negotiate a price with different shops and getting the lowest possible :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oops, just saw your preferred sizes. That'll up the budget some on those wheels. Oh well, I tried.

I bookmarked! I dig em, I wouldnt mind paying a little extra for them.

Mickey Thompson Sidebitters. Do it!!

if i was a struggling college kid, or a somewhat successful full grown adult (which i am now) i would be scouring craigslist for rims. i got my wheels and tires complete off a guy from craiglist for 200 bucks! 15 inch black ar-767's with almost brand new pro comp mud tires on them. i just sold the pro comps (4 tires only) for 400 bucks to some lady and i just ordered a set of 33" duratracs for my trac! deals are to be had, you just need to stay vigilant on craigslist and know how to haggle. good luck!

if i was a struggling college kid, or a somewhat successful full grown adult (which i am now) i would be scouring craigslist for rims. i got my wheels and tires complete off a guy from craiglist for 200 bucks! 15 inch black ar-767's with almost brand new pro comp mud tires on them. i just sold the pro comps (4 tires only) for 400 bucks to some lady and i just ordered a set of 33" duratracs for my trac! deals are to be had, you just need to stay vigilant on craigslist and know how to haggle. good luck!

Gah, I'm not a craigslist fan, but I'm willing to give er a go.

and if you see a size rim you like but not the tire or visa versa, give em a call, and see if theyll mind just selling the tires/rims. thats what i did, and i got 4 nice tires for $150 out of a tire/rim combo that he had listed for $500! :thumbsup:

The first set from CL won't fit, wrong bolt pattern and would be way too wide even if you got wheel adapters. the second set are Vector wheels and the Mopars guys would be all over these if you picked them up, you could probably make a good $100-150 profit on selling them. Same whells from the General Lee. Their probably 5x5.5" but could possibly be 5x4.5" bolt pattern, you'd have to ask what bolt pattern they are.

the first ones(black) would look nice i think with the duratracs, call and ask if they would be interested in selling just the rims.?
& The second ones dont look a whole lot different than your stock ones..

the first ones(black) would look nice i think with the duratracs, call and ask if they would be interested in selling just the rims.?
& The second ones dont look a whole lot different than your stock ones..

Extra spoke, greyed area in the center and on each spoke, ford emblem is stuck out of the hub. Pretty different in a side by side and they are 18's :p

And ya I'm Gunna email on those black rims and see if theyll sell just those. If so I need to see how anxious they are. If I can get him to hold that'd be dandy cuz I'm just now starting my new job and don't get paid for a few weeks!

Here's some I found on Indianapolis's CL...

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/2577935252.html

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/2521499993.html
my bad these are sold, but a great deal, thyea re out there...

These two are sick looking. making me want to get some aftermarkets haha.

Extra spoke, greyed area in the center and on each spoke, ford emblem is stuck out of the hub. Pretty different in a side by side and they are 18's :p
& sorry lol i just had a quick look at them.

Back