Need some measurements

xxixt4nkxixx

Reaction score
City, State
Denham Springs, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Sport Trac
SOLVEDNeed some measurements

I need the measurements behind the 2001 sport trac rear seat.
Trying to figure out how shallow i need my subs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you asking someone to take apart their truck to measure it for you, when you could do the same thing?

Even if someone posted dimensions on here, I think I would still measure this myself to be sure. It wouldn't do any good to build a box from someone's information without verifying it.

By the way, are you trying to fit a sub behind the seat "in" the storage area, behind the seat with the storage area removed, or under the seat where most ST owners put subs?

Im in iraq and couldnt do the measurements i just found out that its TOTALLY custom they removed the back panel behind the seat and fabricated the box to fit in there and cover it. sorry lol

i just found out that its TOTALLY custom they removed the back panel behind the seat and fabricated the box to fit in there and cover it.

That's why I asked what you were trying to measure. I've only seen a sub fit behind the seat by removing the storage area.

I'd like to have a sub, but I use that area for storage of off road/hunting/camping/first aid gear. Can't afford to lose that. The other option, below the seat, just isn't an option. My rear seats stay folded down all the time, unless I have passengers. I don't want that seat permanently up. Guess I don't get a sub.

By the way, thank you for your service.:salute:

I'd like to have a sub, but I use that area for storage of off road/hunting/camping/first aid gear. Can't afford to lose that.

Forgive me for sounding ignorant... but do the Sports have the small cargo area on the right side of the rear storage? Basically looking through the rear glass, on your right there is a storage area with a net about halfway up on the 4 door model.
Edit: the reason I'm asking is because there is a "qForm" style insert for that small area, it houses a sub and amp.
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_530/Vehicle-specific-Enclosures-with-Subs.html

Couldn't tell ya. Sport Tracs are completely different in that area. That spot was reserved for a 4 foot bed on my Explorer. :D

Maybe someone with a Sport can chime in.

I had a small 6" bazooka tube under the seat of my 2004 F150, if that's an option and you can deal with some more lows vs. thundering glass as a goal... :)

Back