Need some opinions on my Moddified exhaust.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some opinions on my Moddified exhaust..

Your gas mileage went down, because youre foot goes down more now!:D
What kind of intake are you using?

No, do not remove the primary cats!

I would try for a rear exit though--those fumes cause drain bamage

Stock intake, with the throttle cable mod. Well I hear what you are saying JT but my pops drove my ride for over a week and it barely avg above 12mpg and before the exhaust mod it use to get 15 to 16 avg. And yes the throttle cable mod was prior to the exhaust... Iam not sure if the exhaust dumping by or close to the gas tank has anything to do with the economy. To be honest if you were to hear her start up, there is so little of backpressure that it just mulls, I will make a video. Its revs up then drops off. And I know I gain HP and loss some torque because its alot faster on the freeway than anywhere else. And Yes I understand all of your input on the music the pedal makes, but my dad sis and mom have been driving the ride alot since I tore my MCL (need surgery on the knee) and Ive been with them and they are way more conservative than I was.... So Ive come to the assumption that there is a factor that is affecting the mpg.

And I would have to agree with rocket 5979 but I havent been driving much, So I know its not just me... because I have the lead foot of the family, 4 moving violations, my insurance is over 3500 a year for this one car...

But my friend and I drove from San Francisco to San Jose "He drove because I was incapacitated. He didnt up shift or run the pedal to hard and I reset the trip and the contol panel, and it use to avg 18.5 or more hwy and we only made 14 or so.

The only reason I state this is right after I removed the secondary cats I notice the reduction in gas effieciency.

Iam thinking of installing something like those ugly ricer mufflers you all hate or something similar and then installing some 1 chamber flowmaster depending on how my performance and sound is after I install the secondary mufflers, So I plan to remove the spare and install some tailpipes. But I just lowered the backhalf over 2 and half inches so I need to see about clearance.
The guy at the muff shop said I might have to run a dual into single then dual sorta like a double y pipe... He said the space is cramped.. I will see....

Thanks for all your input....

Back