Need some opinions.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some opinions....

you my friend need the search feature, these are very basic questions that are covered on this forum in full detail

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With out new gears you will have little power to get up to speed & then have a hard time holding it one you reach it.

It also causes the transmission to work harder which equals more heat build up and shorter life.

With the cost of the gears & labor to have them put in you are looking in the neighborhood of $1500 give or take.

With out new gears you will have little power to get up to speed & then have a hard time holding it one you reach it.

It also causes the transmission to work harder which equals more heat build up and shorter life.

With the cost of the gears & labor to have them put in you are looking in the neighborhood of $1500 give or take.

i have a guy up at my dealership says he'll put the 4.10 gear ratio in for $100.00 off the clock, im assuming thats good...how much would these gears cost me roughly? Also I have bought a Jet Chip Performance Modual (supposed to increase horsepower, torque, air to fuel ratio etc) that im going to have put on...will this work well with the gears?

$100 labor for gears front and rear is an great price. I would say the gears are usually around $170 per set?

$170 per set, you mean like $170 for the front and $170 for the back?

and also what about the Jet Performance Module...would i still need gears if i had that?

The gears are to help take the load off of other parts like your transmission as well, not just for "power".

You can also "edit" your other posts instead of adding another one, FYI. :)

The gears are to help take the load off of other parts like your transmission as well, not just for "power".

You can also "edit" your other posts instead of adding another one, FYI. :)

lol ok...i just did some searching around on the 4wheelparts website lookn for "gears" but i guess i dont really know what im looking for or catagory its under...anybody know where i can find whatim lookn for? gimme a link or something ? :thumbsup:

Search for discountgearing as the username on ebay and respond with a question to one of his auctions and tell him what you'll need, he'll send you a paypal invoice.

Bought Everthing for $419 Shipped and its all Yukon!

4.88 Gears with both install Kits!!!
:thumbsup:

ah i did exacly what it said...is it normal only to get gears for the rear?

4x4 must re-gear front and rear, cost is typically upwards of $1000- $1500 to have them installed and get the parts

4x4 must re-gear front and rear, cost is typically upwards of $1000- $1500 to have them installed and get the parts
whats the cheapest brand of gears to get and where can i find them, i did some searchn but couldnt find anything, can anybody offer me a link....sry i know im a hassle and i suck :(

cheap = not good
I personally recommend Ford, yukon, or Precision gears only, they are all in the same price range

summit, jegs, randys ring and pinion, and 4x4 place, they all sell ring and pinion gears and install kits.

cheap = not good
I personally recommend Ford, yukon, or Precision gears only, they are all in the same price range

summit, jegs, randys ring and pinion, and 4x4 place, they all sell ring and pinion gears and install kits.

Agree...cheap gears can cause much larger bills down the road ;)

$419 for yukon gears and install kits is really cheap anyway. I wouldn't want any "cheap" gears in my truck, that's for sure.

i went to yukongear.com but they have no way of sorting through make/model...where did u find this price for $419 Froader?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok I messaged that guy on ebay telling him i needed 4.10 gears front and back for a 96 explorer 4x4 and he wrote me back this
"D35 STANDARD (w/ CV boots)/ 8.8 4.11 and Master install kits $449.00 delivered (Yukon).
If D35 Rev / High Pinion add $140.00.
Can sent Paypal invoice on request. Thanks "

can anybody decipher this is laymens terms lol is this what i need, whats the "add $140.00" part?

Back