• Register Today It's free!

Need tips for modding my '05 GT

TekMan05

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 5.0 V8
Well I got a new '05 Mustang GT with the 5 speed a couple of weeks ago. It's never too soon to start think ahead of starter mods to do. I just wanna know some of your opinions on what I could start off that's not TOO Expensive right off the bat but give me some decent power add. What exhaust have some of you heard on these models you think adds the most deep sound on cruising and acceleration but is quietest on the highway. I prefer there not be any highway droning. Also What brand makes the better cold air intake for my setup? Any other tips for getting me started would be much appreciated as well. I'm still adjusting to this sports car realm now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah you're right I could, but I love this forum :) . I just wanna stay close to home you could say but I will browse around for sure!

Yup I realize that!

Im on explorerforum.com and mustangforums.com :D

I would go on the forums and search for some answers, rule out some questions you have, youtube exhausts to listen too, and then ask questions that may be more specific. But you know how these forums work!;)

If you are going to have offroad midpipe I would suggest a straight-through muffler, as a chambered will sound metallic in higher rpm. Stock or high-flow catted midpipe cant go wrong with Flowmaster.

do u got pics of ur new gt

Hey man

all i got to say costom flow masters or borja exhaust. My buddy runs his 2006 gt with bojra and its about the best sound i have heard.

yea

Yea thats what i ment sorry about that. ya i dont know why compared to my 1985 his sounds way better i have flow masters on all my cars but his borla exhaust sounds better

I love my Magnaflow Magnapacks with off-road X-pipe, but miss my Flowmaster idle sound. I put up this video to ask someone why my built-up rearend was only spinning one tire sometimes with slicks.

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/guidoadv1981/Mustang/?action=view&current=Race1.flv

Mustangbig1-1-1.jpg

sweet stang and nice video as well

I frequent SVTperformance.com quite a bit. They have alot going on there as well as a section for S197's. Here are some packages you can buy from Ford- http://www.fordracingparts.com/home/home.asp With that drag pac and some slicks, you should be in the 12's if you can drive.

I frequent SVTperformance.com quite a bit.

+1 im on SVTP quite a bit also...

a JLT CAI, short shifter and SCT Xcal3 tune got my friends mustang to 13.4 on bald KDWS'. The car stock ran a 13.7.

Sorry I been away from the internet so long. Comp was on the fritz but I finally got some pics to upload. BTW, I got American Thunder mufflers on there and a Spectre CAI. And it keeps telling me Im running lean ?? But anyways here you go!

Rides are looking good! I am going to try to make it to KCIR next friday. Think you can make it?

tek

ur pics of ur stang dont show up. how much mileage is on ur stang and did u buy it from a delearship or private owner.

I bought it from a Chrysler Lot(Go figure). But When I got it , it had about 46,333 miles on the odometer back in Februrary!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a wishlist too. I'm still trying to learn the world of RWD pony cars but these are some of the things I want done.

Comp Cams
Mac Shorty Headers
MID Pipe
Under drive Pullies
Tuner. Either SCT or Diablo
Roush Hood Scoop
Racing Stripes.

That's a start. I hope to accomplish this goal over the next year and a half!

Back