Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
Well my new GTI is now Magnaflo'ed!

The stock exhaust is 2.25" through the stock resonator, which is pretty good. We just cut off the most restrictive bend in the pipe, the muffler, and tips. On went a Magnaflow 2.5/2.5" muffler with a long rectangular tip (similar to a single Camaro tip) to fit in the bumper cutout. It looks and sounds great!

The motor is a 2.8L 15deg 6, so I didn't expect a deep throaty sound. It's not ricey, but not Detroit muscle either; it sounds like a VR6 :) No drone at all, and it's quiet whenever you're maintaining a constant speed, even at 80 mph. I'll have to get used to it in first and second, but overall I'm very pleased.

Pics to come in a week or so when I do a new "photoshoot" highlighting all my recent mods.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool.. cant wait to see some pics

After a bit of driving it seems the car is smoother at all speeds. Got some more torque down low and some high end too.

Downshifts are slightly easier cause revs build up a bit faster, and upshifts are better due to the increased powerband.

The stocker was tiny!

The stocker was tiny!

We're talkin' about a car that your old truck could ramp on the hood.....or maybe the roof:D

Hence the unofficial nickname right now: "Speedbump".

Can't wait to see the pics

sorry i never linked to it, it's been in the gallery forever:

22357-tip.jpg

Intake, Exhaust, and shift kit.

Ran a 15.4 @ 91 yesterday @ 90 degrees (pavement was about 110). Stock times have been reported anything between 14.9 and 16.4 depending on conditions and altitude. 15.4 seems fairly midpack and is around the magazine times.

Are you a member of any VW forum? How do you like it compared to here?

vwvortex.com

they have much more industry support and great articles, but the actual forum is much better here.

Alec, that tip looks awesome. :thumbsup: It looks like it belongs there. I'm sure the Magnaflow sounds sweet also. I considered one for my Cherokee, but went with a Moroso Spiral Flow instead. Bad decision. It's much too loud, and I'm now looking for something quieter.......

Yup, it sounds pretty good. Not too loud, and kinda like my dad's SLK. Not too deep though, but not "ricey" either.

Back