Need to reprogram spare remote control | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need to reprogram spare remote control

same here no problem glad to help

Great news!

MikeH,

Thanks for the info. I was able to pop off that paneling today and locate the module. I copied down the code into the owners manual to prevent any further problems like this.

Also, went back to the GM dealership were we purchased the Explorer, they are willing to refund us the amount it will cost to get a second key and what ever it costs for the programming since there was a bunch of stuff we caught them in lies about.:thumbsup:

Thanks again for everyones input,

Brian

Good to hear it! Thats what we're here for!
(maybe your wife will let you mod it out now) :p:

I got my 2nd X, a 2003 V8 EB about 2 weeks ago from an auto auction dealer and it came with 1 key and 1 remote and master keypad code. The day after I drove it home, I took it to the local Ford dealer and had a 2nd key made, 2nd remote programmed, and the master keypad code changed. The old key and any other remote codes were removed from the system so they were rendered useless. Cost me $110
I also recommend registering your Ford vehicle at the dealership so that Ford knows who the new owner of the vehicle is in case of any recall notices.

Back