Need your opinion on OEM Running Boards | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need your opinion on OEM Running Boards

DCFireMedic

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4x4
Hello all... Quick reply's please :)

Here is a photo of my truck, as you can see, i dont have the chrome wheels, although I would like to buy a set of OEM 16" chrome wheels off a limited or such, but anyway... I am wanting to buy OEM running boards (tubular style) and ran accross the chrome ones. Now personally, I would rather have the grey ones that come on the explorers as an option, but arent available in grey as an aftermarket accessory. The only chrome I have on my truck are the Center caps, and some on the grille. Heres the (poor) picture of my truck:

newexplorer.jpg

Heres the picture of the OEM Ford Tubular chrome running bars.

3L2Z-16450-EAB_lg.jpg

Please give your opinion, i'm looking to get them on my truck soon. Thanks.
-- OJM/NREMT-P - Richmond, VA

...medic,
I think they will look nice on your Explorer. We put a set of chrome tube steps on my wife's white F-150 and they look sharp. I don't think having just 1 chrome item will be bad. Too much chrome would soon get out of hand, but just a touch looks great IMO. Are you considering aftermarket or only OEM? I know many aftermarket will bolt us perfectly in EOM places. My wife's tubes are my Aries and bolt right up. They were also available in powder coated black.
Good luck and hope it all turns out great.
Ken

Back