Nerf bars for my 93 Explorer Sport?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nerf bars for my 93 Explorer Sport??

guitarguru

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport 4x4
Hi,
I recently purchased a 93 Explorer Sport 2Dr 4x4 after wanting one for quite some time. I am now starting some small mods. The first thing I was thinking about was getting some flat black nerf bars and some 31 tires. I have a few questions though. I looked online for a while and couldnt really find any nerf bars for a 93. Anyone know where I could find some? Also, If I put 31" tires on. Would I have any rubbing issues? Thanks much! :feedback:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i cant help with the nerf bars but 31x10.50 wont rub at all

Would the step bars from a 2nd gen Sport work for you?

Thanks for the replies! The step bars from the 2nd gen would be fine with me. Do you know if they would fit on my truck? Also, Any idea where to get them from? Thanks again. :)

start by looking at your local junk yards they might look bad but you can always throw some paint on em

Thanks! I appreciate the response. Does anyone know if the 2nd gen step bars will fit my 93 explorer sport? And where might I find a picture of a 2nd gen with these step bars? :feedback:

I suspect they would fit. I can stick my head under my '94 4dr EB, and compare it to my '00 4dr XLT with factory step bars. Might not carry true to the 2dr, but one can hope. Also possible someone has done (or tried) this already and will comment.

Alrighty, Maybe I'll put up a thread seeing if anyone has done this before. Thanks much for all the help. Appreciate it. :)

I know this is kind of an old thread, however, you might measure the distance from wheel well to wheel well and see what you come up with. This guy is a very nice guy and makes a couple sizes of rock sliders from 58"- 78"; Marlin Crawler

Attachments

• rockslider640[2].jpg
    rockslider640[2].jpg
    78 KB · Views: 357

I measured and the 58"s will fit the Sports.... :thumbsup:

I've got some big country's on my '94 4x4. There's a link in my sig if you want to see how they look. They look pretty nice on the Ex :]

Back