• Register Today It's free!

nerf bars

91explorer1009

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
I want to put nerf bars on my ex, but might be getting a 3 inch bl soon. I was wondering if the nerf bars would be lower than the body or raise up with the lift, It mightbe a stupid question but I dont know. I read in another post someone was pist cause they couldnt get their nerf bars to raise up, I dont know.

1st no question is stupid as everyone at one point has had similiar thoughts. Anyway nerf bars will attach to your frame and will not move when you get a body lift. As such they will look tight to your rockers withought the Body lift and will appear 3" lower after the BL.

misc ramblings:
I had put on some SmittyBuilt nerf bars 5 yrs ago on my X. I only used them when washing the roof or putting stuff on the roof. They looked ok for 2yrs then started rusting badly (from the inside out, leaked in arund the step pads). I removed them since I go offroad and they would only get in the way and hang you up on everything. All nerf bars offer minimal (if any) offroad protection because they are just too weak to help. Custom sliders made from heavy duty steel is the way to go. These rock sliders would protect the rocker panels and look cool withought hurting clearance in a major way. They would cost about the same as nerf bars so it would be the way I'd go.

Check out:
Rock Slider

Back