• Register Today It's free!

New 2017 explorer sport

Limbo

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer sport
I have a new explorer sport that I wanna turn into a piu, does anyone know if the rear black tailgate piece from police interceptor utility will fit on my truck, mine has the shiny black version that says explorer on it. Thanks fellas...also on the sides of the truck under drivers side and passenger side I have these gloss black they look like inserts, can those be removed as well and will the plain gray ones from the interceptor fit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a new explorer sport that I wanna turn into a piu, does anyone know if the rear black tailgate piece from police interceptor utility will fit on my truck, mine has the shiny black version that says explorer on it. Thanks fellas...also on the sides of the truck under drivers side and passenger side I have these gloss black they look like inserts, can those be removed as well and will the plain gray ones from the interceptor fit?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
What is the difference between the 2 tailgate strips? Also not sure what it is you are referring to in regards to the side inserts. Are they part of the aluminum strip that says Explorer? If you want to turn it into a PIU then the one thing that really stands out are the wheels. You'll have to swap those nice Sport wheels for the steel Interceptor ones otherwise most of the other changes won't really do much.

Peter

PA290305_001.JPG

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If you are planning to remove that chrome piece why not just plasti dip or vinyl wrap it? There are several members here that have done that.

Peter
I was thinking that but I like the plain Jane look that the utility offers

That would be awesome if I knew how to lol
The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite membership and you can post right from your device and the pictures are saved to the Forum servers. Or, you can find a 3rd party hosting site and link to it and hope the pictures don't disappear if the site changes its policy like Photobucket did. The membership also helps to support the site.
http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?account/upgrades
BTW, I edited my initial post.

Peter

The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite membership and you can post right from your device and the pictures are saved to the Forum servers. Or, you can find a 3rd party hosting site and link to it and hope the pictures don't disappear if the site changes its policy like Photobucket did. The membership also helps to support the site.
http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?account/upgrades
BTW, I edited my initial post.

Peter
Ok awesome thank you, ya the wheels are easy fix, I just noticed on the police interceptors on the rear tailgate above the license plate frame is a black piece of abs that holds the rear back up camera, on the explorer sport it’s gloss black and says explorer on it, looking to get rid of that and upgrade to the piu one

Ok awesome thank you, ya the wheels are easy fix, I just noticed on the police interceptors on the rear tailgate above the license plate frame is a black piece of abs that holds the rear back up camera, on the explorer sport it’s gloss black and says explorer on it, looking to get rid of that and upgrade to the piu one
Where are you located lol I have a piu and turning it to a sport may be we can work some trades if close by

Where are you located lol I have a piu and turning it to a sport may be we can work some trades if close by
Does that include engine swaps?:D

Peter

Hah no no the only reason i even bought the piu was because it has the twin turbo 3.5. Lol

Hah no no the only reason i even bought the piu was because it has the twin turbo 3.5. Lol
My mistake then. I just looked at your info in the margin and forgot you had a PIU as previously mentioned. Though you just had the 'Base' unit. Perhaps it may be better to change your profile to reflect 2015 Explorer PIU.:)
Happy modding.

Peter

My mistake then. I just looked at your info in the margin and forgot you had a PIU as previously mentioned. Though you just had the 'Base' unit. Perhaps it may be better to change your profile to reflect 2015 Explorer PIU.:)
Happy modding.

Peter
Ah well I should add to my personal info. I have a 2015 base I put all the xlt options on for my wife I liked it so much I bought a piu interceptor for myself lol

Back