NEW 24" Tires, on 295/35/24! HUGE tires! No Rub! Check it out! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW 24" Tires, on 295/35/24! HUGE tires! No Rub! Check it out!

looks awesome

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! I run 285/35/22s on mine, and it's lowered several inches. I would have done 24s, but wouldn't have been able to have it lowered like it is.

More sidewall definitely makes for a nicer ride. My previous tires were 265/35, and even the 7 mm of difference is quite noticeable.

24s

Main Reason that i can't move from 22's to 24's is because of the roads in my city. Canadian roads SUCK.. i'm surprised i even got 22's over 20's. Can't risk putting 4's on yet because of the potholes and train tracks EVERYWHERE.

Main Reason that i can't move from 22's to 24's is because of the roads in my city. Canadian roads SUCK.. i'm surprised i even got 22's over 20's. Can't risk putting 4's on yet because of the potholes and train tracks EVERYWHERE.

what size tire do you have

265/40/22 train tracks even kill on a 40

265/40/22 train tracks even kill on a 40

Man I hit the MOTHER of all potholes on my 295/35/24s. It isn't all about the sidewall height, the thickness helps too. This pothole would have bent factory wheels, and somehow my tires protected me. Cheapo falkens, 295 35 24. I hit potholes that are enormous nearly every day, no problems

Secondly, another thing is OVER-fill your tires. Low-pro's do best at 40PSI. I run 42 in my 265/35/22 tires, and they are 5 years old (only 30k on them though) and I've run every low pro I've ever had at 40-45. They last long, no noticeable change in the treadwear, but MUCH better protection from potholes.

Just a thought. I would be willing to bet my sidewall is as big as your 40 series. It's enormous. Must see in person, lol

damn man! those 24"s are perfect!! nothing left to do to the outside! imma lookin and i cant find anything else to do to it!! one of only a few that look done on the outside.. 5* man..

WOW!! Thats hot bro!! Ok, so no lift, and no trimming? is the wheel wells on a mounty same size? And What did the whole package run?

damn man! those 24"s are perfect!! nothing left to do to the outside! imma lookin and i cant find anything else to do to it!! one of only a few that look done on the outside.. 5* man..

Taking off the roof rack would be a good starting point on it :p:

WOW!! Thats hot bro!! Ok, so no lift, and no trimming? is the wheel wells on a mounty same size? And What did the whole package run?

No lift at all, 0 trimming whatsoever, wheels on mounty are the same. Package was about 3500 because I bought wheels and tires seprately. Ought to run 3000 or so if you buy together. Completely depends on wheels. 24" wheels are about 1500, those tires are about 1500 too. Some may have better connections. I did, but I bought so many things before I got it right that it cost me a fortune.

Thanks sir!

thanks man!

Taking off the roof rack would be a good starting point on it :p:

I still use the truck for utility. It is afterall, a sport utility. :D My charger is my show car, my ranger and explorer are both daily drivers.

24s question

i know it seems like a broken record, but she looks amazing!!!

I put 22s on mine and 4 some reason my studs have been break-in on me left and right. Did u get anything else done to make sure this wouldn't happen? My rims only been on 4 like 7 months.

I put 22s on mine and 4 some reason my studs have been break-in on me left and right. Did u get anything else done to make sure this wouldn't happen? My rims only been on 4 like 7 months.

The studs? that you put the lugs on to hold the wheels on? Sounds totally unrelated...

I'd get them all replaced... that's garbage.

I hope everything works out!

i know it seems like a broken record, but she looks amazing!!!

Thank you sir, I'm glad I could figure out a safe way to mount 24s!

Got a O4 Mountaineer and Im going to put 24s on it.....They dont want to sell me 35 series tires...

Got a O4 Mountaineer and Im going to put 24s on it.....They dont want to sell me 35 series tires...

As long as you're careful and you got the correct offset (which I don't have BTW Mine are in-between FWD and RWD in offset) but they won't rub.

Read my first post.

I had to fight them to, and tell them to shut up. These tires are the same tires they throw on tahoe and suburbans with 4's. They fill the wells NICELY but they DONT RUB on these expos.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah....I'm getting them to put them on......I'm glad you posted this thread........is there a difference offset for awd...?

Back