NEW 24" Tires, on 295/35/24! HUGE tires! No Rub! Check it out! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW 24" Tires, on 295/35/24! HUGE tires! No Rub! Check it out!

Yeah....I'm getting them to put them on......I'm glad you posted this thread........is there a difference offset for awd...?

Hmmm, yeah i bet there is... with the charger it's a different offset.

make sure you buy the FACTORY offset 24's... I'd recommend 24x8 or 24x9. Though 24x10 may still work it's less likely... haven't tried.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm, yeah i bet there is... with the charger it's a different offset.

make sure you buy the FACTORY offset 24's... I'd recommend 24x8 or 24x9. Though 24x10 may still work it's less likely... haven't tried.

Thats what I was going with the 24X10...damn it..

The Mountaineers have a 44mm Offset .....

Thats what I was going with the 24X10...damn it..

You may still be ok, likely you will.

Worst comes to worst it only hits on the plastic part of the bumper.. just trim it lightly, no one will notice.

Post up whether it works or not.

Yeah, mine is +44mm. I put on +35 or +38 though, I think +35 and it worked.

Just don't use a typical RWD offset like +10, +12, +15 or +18 and expect it to work. If you have a true +44 offset the 24x10 will almost certainly still work.

Also, be sure to post pics, I haven't seen anyone else with 4's on an Expo or the like that didn't have little bitty tires.

I'm going to post pictures......

Ok...update....mountaineer is out the shop and she is getting her new shoes next weekend......

20140211_141809_zps03fd5719.jpg

I did it too! Thanks to this thread! otherwise, I would have gone lower pro! Thanks! (if you're still on here)

The rims I got were 24x9.5 with a +15 offset (they said they couldnt get +30 in the ones I wanted) so I got a little rub but after a week of driving it, its pretty much worn down in the well. LOVE em

I have decided not to urbanize my explorer.

I have some 24"s with 275/30/ on them but i want more side wall and all the shops keep telling me the those are the tire recommend for that rim.. my question to you is did you have to modify or lift your explorer in order too get those wheels to fit.

I have some 24"s with 275/30/ on them but i want more side wall and all the shops keep telling me the those are the tire recommend for that rim.. my question to you is did you have to modify or lift your explorer in order too get those wheels to fit.

Back