new calipers

monkeydude3

Reaction score
City, State
Millbrook, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello all~
I have a 1994 XL, 4.0L OHV with 2 wheel drive and 5 speed manual transmission. I am going to replace the front brake calipers and the hoses from the solid line to the calipers. Anything to look out for? I just passed the ASE a5 brakes test. I pretty much know what to do, but is there anything I should know pertaining to the bleeding, as in explorer specific. Any ideas let me know

By the way, the rotors, pads, wheel bearings, drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders are all new. Calipers are all thats left to replace.
thanks

George

just be aware of knowing the proepr way to beeld the system and compress the calipers... if you get any crud into the abs unit you will have problems

okay great thanks. The calipers I plan to buy are preloaded so they'll be ready to rock. I've done a ton of brake pad jobs... this is just a step further. Have a great one

George

Just out of curiosity... what calipers are you buying? I need to replace mine on my 1994 (4x4) and I'm wondering if I should go stock or aftermarket. Thanks!

Ed

monkeydude3 said:
okay great thanks. The calipers I plan to buy are preloaded so they'll be ready to rock. I've done a ton of brake pad jobs... this is just a step further. Have a great one

George

Back