New carpet | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New carpet

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Has anyone recently bought new carpet for their Ex? I want to get some for Snowball, and want something nice, but not $500 either. I see the $189 carpet on eBay, but has anyone had experience with anyone else?

TIA! :wavey:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They appear to only have floor mats... I searched for carpet, and that was all that came up.

I replaced the carpet in my 3rd gen last year with premium black. I'll hunt around for the receipt to see where I bought it from and how much. I think it was a little less than $300 shipped. Good stuff and came premolded. I just had to make some cuts and lay it in.

The Threadender? Seems you started this one :p:

I need new carpet someday too. Mine has a lot of coffee stains and such from previous owner in it that I just can't seem to get out.

I've been thinking about doing this someday also. If I did I was probably going to get the JC Whitney carpet, seems like a fair price and their products are pretty good.

Joe Dirt, if and when you do this please let us know where you got it from and how well it worked.

Will do. I'm planning on taking a lot of pics while I work on stuff this spring when it warms up. I'm also planning on taking pics of panels and parts and posting them in the hopes that if people ask "what is xxxxxxx" someone can link to a pic.

I am the threadender! LOL

If you are just replacing the carpet, you don't need to pull any panels. You can just slip it out from underneath. The only thing you need to pull are seats and the center console.

I haven't checked their catalog for Explorer stuff, but I've used Auto Custom Carpets out of Anniston, Alabama for many projects. They aren't cheap, but they sell some VERY high quality stuff.

http://www.accmats.com/

That is where I got my Mustang carpet from... Good stuff, but yeah- expensive.

i wanna get new carpet on mine as well it looks bad right now.

anybody ever tried turtle wax carpet cleaner works like a champ for mine also turtle wax interior 1 worked great on all the vinyl in my truck looks semi new but yeah there are those tough stains

I've had the best luck with TuffStuff and Blue Coral. I haven't tried the Turtle Wax Interior 1 yet, but I have a SHO project coming soon, and they had kids... Yikes... May look it up.

Updating this thread though, I have not ordered carpet yet, I want to try powerwashing it at the quarterwash first and see what happens... Waiting for it to get warm enough that I can set it outside on a weekend and let it dry good, and clean out all of the crap inside and under the carpeting...

What if i wanted to replace my carpet with that plastic/rubber liner i see in the sport tracs? where could i find one of those? Other then the dealer and a junk yard?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the cheapest one rockauto has for ~$115 works perfect

Back