• Register Today It's free!

New EEC-V?

BggedRanger

Reaction score
City, State
southaven, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford ranger
I recently burned my computer up. I bought a new one and installed it. The problem is the truck will still not start. Do I have to get the computer reprogramed to the truck and the keys? Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford dealer, its called the PATS system and yes the PCM msut match the PATS box and keyfob.
Ford can re-program your PCM for you.

How in the world did you "burn up" a 2000 PCM? typically they last for 10+ years

You MUST have two keys to program PATS (atleast to do spares)

-Drew

I put a fuel cell in my truck"attempted to", and when we wired up the after market fuel pump two wires touched. It blew the fuse, the relay, and the computer. So for future reference, make sure you don't touch any wires together on the fuel sending unit wiring harness. I know common sense. I'm not sure that this is what burned it up, but its the only thing that I can think of.

what does PATS stand for?

passive anti theft system

I know! Disconnect the battery anytime you are working on electrical! :)

Just messin, we have all done it. The friggin exhaust shop welded on my truck with the key in the ON position once. Took me 2 months to narrow it down to a fried PCM.

I understand how you felt. It's been about two months trying to trace it back. lesson learned the hard way. Its been about a 600 dollar mistake.

yeah tell me about it :) I finally took it to Ford for them to run a pinout box on the computer harness to confirm the EEC was at fault. It ran, but crappy, and threw about 8 codes...the bill from Ford was over $700 and then the remaned computer they sold me failed in 3 months and they would not replace it under warranty because my truck was "modified with a wiring harness" even though on the back of my reciept the warranty clearly stated it would be covered AND I asked about the warranty when i saw the computer was a remaned unit.

I ended up taking them to the BBB to get 1/2 my $$$ back, the exhaust shop also footed 1.2 of the bill, but nothing covered the $400 or so I spent in 02 sensors and parts trying to fix the codes. All because I wanted to re0locate a 02 sensor bung in the exhaust to clear my shifter linkage!

Thus is how the story goes with my BII, my $40k BII hahaha not funny.

Back