New Elite Member here | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Elite Member here

I want to be able to post some pics on here, but I need to find some software to compress my files. Does anyone know or have something that can compress JPEG files to under the 100k requirements?

I appreciate any help. All my pics from my digital camera come out in the 225k range. I would like to get them to around 60k. All my software does is make them smaller by clipping a corner of the photo and you lose the image and just see the end of my X.

Please help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Adobe Photoshop Elements does a good job at compressing files. It has a feature called "save for web" that allows you to preview the original and the compressed photo. It also allows you to mess with the size of the file in preview mode so you can see how it affects the quality of the photo. That's what I've been using.

Try Corel Photo Paint.

Good luck.....

Thanks guys, but is there something cheaper than Photoshop or Corel Draw. Actually I'm not sure what Corel runs but I know that Photoshop is spendy.

Anyone know of a stand alone compression software strictly for pictures.

Not that I condone it, but you can probably find it on a p2p swap (ie Kazaa, bearshare, morpheus, etc) and/or you can do a search in any major search engine for the program crack/hack (just add that to the end of the search (ie "photoshop crack ") and usually find it for free that way.

Well hinkle I would never condone that either, don't ask where I got my AutoCAD 2001 software, but thanks for the info.

Back