New Ex Sport Arrived!.....Question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Ex Sport Arrived!.....Question

Besides, how much joy could be had after driving one of these things for the 200th time in 24 hours.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seriously?? Why would you even make up something rediculous like this to put a new owners mind worrying.

Road testing is random driving inspections to insure everything was built and operating within spec. This is how they can find issues during an assembly run.

With every random inspection, Ford puts an additional paper stuck to the window next to the window sticker stating it was chosen as a random inspection and officially states the mileage they put on it.

It happens randomly with every model.

Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate a joy ride or that the cars were being flogged. But back when I worked was there I knew people that would take a car home from the factory for the night. It is a form of testing, as the car is driven on the streets. 50 miles isn't really that much either. Heck, we have taken new cars and "broken them in" at the track (no, not Ford)--these cars were then sold as new with 100-200 miles on them (tires were replaced first though).

I wouldn't want anybody out joy-riding my special order.

Have you ever rented a car? haha.

To clarify...I would have a problem if the dealer themselves did this (not the factory)...somebody said they test drove a special order that was waiting to be picked up...I would go ballistic if I found out that happened to mine.

To clarify...I would have a problem if the dealer themselves did this (not the factory)...somebody said they test drove a special order that was waiting to be picked up...I would go ballistic if I found out that happened to mine.

100% agree!!

Completely agree. When I was looking, there was a dealer by us that had a sold unit on their lot which they pulled around to let us look at. They said that we could take a short drive around their lot, but not on the street as it was already sold (I declined as I wouldn't want that to be done with my car). I appreciated that they didn't want to let people take a car that someone already purchased out on the street (although wonder why around their lot was okay).

Good Morning! I just took delivery of my new "SilverSport" last night and am over the moon. While she and I get acquainted, I wanted to see if anyone knows:
1)what is involved in the road testing that my vehicle was apparently randomly chosen for. They rolled up 55 miles and I interpret this as a good thing as they were probably testing the functions of everything.
2)Also, I noticed that the A4 nav SD card is currently in the SD slot, and I am looking for the right way to remove to avoid causing damage to the system
3)and the MFT display has the external temperature next to the clock...meaning the Sync version is not the latest right?

Thanks all,

Todd

Hey Todd....Wanted to let you know that my Sport was also a randomly picked "quality control" vehicle. They really enjoyed mine as they racked up 81 miles :D I think its a great idea and im happy they picked mine. If there were any problems at least i know they would have been fixed b/4 delivery to dealership. Everything works great!

55 miles? Seriously? How the hell does it matter?

if im special ordering a vehicle, i expect it to be brand new and can understand a few miles for testing, but 55 miles is alot imo. so if 55 miles doesnt matter, who says 100, 150, or 200 miles matters?

if im special ordering a vehicle, i expect it to be brand new and can understand a few miles for testing, but 55 miles is alot imo. so if 55 miles doesnt matter, who says 100, 150, or 200 miles matters?
Since we don't know what all is involved in this 'testing' it would be difficult to really say that the mileage is actually excessive or not. The total of 55 miles would not all be testing. Mine had 7.5 miles (12 km) on it just from moving it around until I picked it up. That extra mileage was also not counted against my allowable lease limit.

Peter

Back