• Register Today It's free!

New Ex

Drummerskey1

Reaction score
City, State
GLEN BURNIE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Sport
This is my second Ex. She replaces a '11 Ex XLT. This is a fully loaded '15 Sport. It has the tow package and I asked this in the towing section with no clear answer.

Do all '15s with factory installed to package come with a class III hitch and pre-wired for a brake controller. I know the controller itself isn't there. I asked the dealership to check the VIN and they looked at me like I had a 2nd nose.

If someone could further explain the towing capacity, I would appreciate it. The information I have read says 2000lbs max, unless you use a weight distribution reciever but only if you have this tow package, then it's 2000lbs.

IMG_20180430_194116485.jpg

This is my second Ex. She replaces a '11 Ex XLT. This is a fully loaded '15 Sport. It has the tow package and I asked this in the towing section with no clear answer.

Do all '15s with factory installed to package come with a class III hitch and pre-wired for a brake controller. I know the controller itself isn't there. I asked the dealership to check the VIN and they looked at me like I had a 2nd nose.

If someone could further explain the towing capacity, I would appreciate it. The information I have read says 2000lbs max, unless you use a weight distribution reciever but only if you have this tow package, then it's 2000lbs.

View attachment 158412

Drummerskey - Not 100% that this will answer all of your questions however this past thread may shed some light:

Class III trailer tow package contents

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Although I can't say for sure, I would imagine it is the Class III tow package. If you can get your hands on the Window Sticker it would clarify that. There is a plug for the brake controller from what I have read. It is under the dash on the driver's side. It is recommended that if you plan to tow with a Class III hitch that a Weight Distribution Hitch be used if towing over 2000 lbs. I found the following using the Forum's 'Search' feature. They may be helpful.
Towing Wiring Harness
Trailer Brake Controller Recommendation?

Peter

Back