• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer fanatic here

IBJEDI

Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyside,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
This looks like an awesome forum :thumbsup: Very informative.
I recently bought a 94 Explorer Limited with 62K original miles. I ran Carfax on it, I'm the 2nd owner.Clean History.
First thing I did with it was take it in for a check up. Had new plugs,wires,etc installed,power steering flushed,new serpentine belt,rear brakes.
This thing drives very smooth,interior is great. Only thing to fix is the occasional check engine light(MAF is clean) and the rubber mat on my drivers side running board.
The only thing I don't have is a sunroof,but I think I'll live with that.
I really love my Explorer :D It should last till I can afford a newer one.
BTW the white wall tires will be gone this week,thank God :eek:
Not the best picture.
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/711/explorermod4pf.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

White walls

Welcome to the forum, the X looks like it has been well taken care of. The tyres are shocking.. :D

Now are you going to go UP or DOWN,,, :) Brecause if you hang around here long enough one or the other will get your attention and then its all over,, your life becomes one big " What Can I Do Next"

Have fun see ya

Welcome to the site.. Lots of info for ya to search...

A big welcome to the site. Your limited looks to be in Awesome shape :thumbsup: You'll find lots of great info here (sometimes too much).

Thanks for the Welcomes and compliments :cool: I'm not sure how much I wanna add to my Explorer yet. Tires for sure :confused:
I did put in a Sirius satellite radio,mine has a FM modulator so it plays through the factory radio. My Ex came with the JBL Audio system w/ subwoofer.
I travel cross country as part of my job,so most of my money has been spent making it as mechanicaly sound as possible.
Tommorrow it goes in for an alignment and 2 new tires,just blackwalls for now(gotta budget for holiday season).
Next week I will take it in and have the tranny fluid changed w/new filter and I should be pretty much set as far as any "needs" for my ride.
The previous owners were really kind to this one :D
It does not leak ANY fluid of any sorts :rolleyes: The reason I know this is I pulled into a parking spot previously occupied by a leaky vehicle.......I absolutely freaked :eek: I thought sure it was me :confused:
I slid cardboard under the engine and tranny for over a week when parked to make sure I had no drips.

tgertz77 said:
62k miles? Damn, almost brand new.

That's what I was thinking when I spotted this "creampuff" on the lot. Truth be told I was looking for a car,but fate had other plans for me.
I was skeptical at first,almost to good to be true if you know what I mean. Carfax checked out. The mechanics that have worked on my explorer so far say I done real good on this deal.
Just curious about what you guys think about how much I paid for it.
I paid 5 grand cash :navajo: Some might think that's high,but I was paying for the low miles and great condition.

looks 100 percent better without the whitewalls
I was going to say something but waited to see if you catch it on your own
so the big question still remains
up

or down?

chris_miller said:
your life becomes one big " What Can I Do Next"

Tell me about it.... :D

jtsmith said:
looks 100 percent better without the whitewalls
I was going to say something but waited to see if you catch it on your own
so the big question still remains
up

or down?

Thanks :D Up or down?.......It's staying stock for now. I bought this Explorer for interstate traveling. I live on the west coast and all my work is in the mid west and eastern states.
I want to get the best milage I can,so lifts and big tires are out for those reasons. I might need 4wd for crossing mountain passes,so I don't want to go lower.
I'm really happy with it as is,it drives like new. If I buy a second vehicle I might start modifying my Ex......and the direction then will be.......Up!

IBJEDI said:
That's what I was thinking when I spotted this "creampuff" on the lot. Truth be told I was looking for a car,but fate had other plans for me.
I was skeptical at first,almost to good to be true if you know what I mean. Carfax checked out. The mechanics that have worked on my explorer so far say I done real good on this deal.
Just curious about what you guys think about how much I paid for it.
I paid 5 grand cash :navajo: Some might think that's high,but I was paying for the low miles and great condition.

5K might be a little high 40-4500 would seem more about right... but you cant beat the miles and if you like the 1st gen explorers then you got a good one.

Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, especially in a case like that, but 5k doesnt seem too high.

tgertz77 said:
5K might be a little high 40-4500 would seem more about right... but you cant beat the miles and if you like the 1st gen explorers then you got a good one.

Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, especially in a case like that, but 5k doesnt seem too high.

I just bought a red '93 Eddie Bauer, 92k, second-owner creme-puff from a retired couple who included a thick folder of every thing they have done to the vehicle since they bought it in '96. I paid $4k. They were asking $4,500. I couldn't get them to budge any more than $500 lower than their asking price. Mine has leather, flip-up sunroof, and the towing package. It looks new; the body/paint/interior are immaculate. It will need tires soon. The one drawback is that the couple I bought it from bought it as a repo (in 1996), and the original owners apparently did abuse it a bit. The transmission went out shortly after the couple bought it (it was rebuilt at 36k miles) and they replaced the front hubs with Warn manuals. Apparently the original owners had tried to put it into 4WD while going too fast and sheared off three teeth on one side of the original electronic hubs. The couple I bought it from replaced them with the manual hubs because they were half the price of the electronics.

I would liked to have paid a few hundred dollars less. But I live in an isolated area -- Eureka, Calif. -- and to find a 1st-generation Explorer in this nice of shape I would most certainly would have had to travel several hundred miles. So I paid the $4k and am happy I did. It is one nice Explorer.

fanatic eeh?

lanatic comes from lunar and fanatic

Back