How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Thanks for doing that.
So far, I've done the most of this stuff I found useful for me.
I tried Sync styling and can tell that "C" is not working on my 11MY. I haven't tried "8" for Lincoln.
I enabled tmc and nav cameras as well, but yet to see if thsee are really working.
Did you enable them yourself and if so, are they working for you (I mean TMC and nav speed cameras )?
Last night I tried 8 for Lincoln and it worked for me. I believe C just loads Sync without a Ford or Lincoln logo/startup sequence.
I haven't tested TMC.
I can't remember if I tried NAV cameras, I will check again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't remember if I tried NAV cameras, I will check again.

Nav cameras not working for me but I assume it's because the data of speed cameras are not in the SD cards we have in the US.

Here's a work-in-progress spreadsheet I put together based on the 2013MY using threads on this forum, but I'm assuming would work for 2011-2015. Keep in mind FORScan has configurable options already available in the simple configuration mode.
2011-2015 Explorer

something more :)

720-01-02
.... 0862 .... to .... 0062 .... (Fog-Lamp indicator in instrument cluster OFF, usefull if you like to use the Fog-Lamps as DaytimeRunningLamps)

7D0-01-01
.... 9001 .... to .... 9101 .... (EU E-Call enabled / 0 = US E-Call)

That's quite a list! I've done everything I need to do, but I'm still trying to find out how to turn on the hour meter. I know it's in there, somewhere...
If you can't turn on the hour meter you could always use one of the 2 trip screens. When I checked a few days ago I had just over 40 hours on my Ex since I picked it up on Halloween. It is on one of the trip displays that I haven't reset since getting the vehicle.

Peter

I tried this. Got VINs off of eBay. When I run it, it identifies 9 vehicles with the feature, and 11 without, but it doesn't give me the 'perfect bits'. It's just blank. When I try to load modules, it does nothing. Any suggestions?

View attachment 96051 View attachment 96052

I tried, but no luck. I ran my 720-01-02 through a hex to binary converter, changed those bits, and converted it back, but it didn't work. I tried various configurations of them, and the only thing that changed, that I found, was the DTE calculation; I went from 332 mile to empty, to 339, and 999.

One thing I noticed is that it changed the last digit from what I entered, to a value one higher or lower, i.e. 9024 to 9023 or 9025. I'm not sure if that's just a check digit. There was one attempt that I got an error saying the vehicle wasn't equipped.

How do you get to this window? Is this a seperate program?

Ok, I just answered my own question and downloaded the program.:thumbsup:

If you can't turn on the hour meter you could always use one of the 2 trip screens. When I checked a few days ago I had just over 40 hours on my Ex since I picked it up on Halloween. It is on one of the trip displays that I haven't reset since getting the vehicle.

Peter

That's more or less what I'm doing, I just have to remember not to reset that one until the oil change. It's in there somewhere, though.

something more :)

720-01-02
.... 0862 .... to .... 0062 .... (Fog-Lamp indicator in instrument cluster OFF, usefull if you like to use the Fog-Lamps as DaytimeRunningLamps)

7D0-01-01
.... 9001 .... to .... 9101 .... (EU E-Call enabled / 0 = US E-Call)
I added these, thanks. FYI on the first, I see 0842 from the factory and on the second I see 9000. I believe the it's only the second digit (in the second data set) that matters.

Definitely going to keep following this. I am looking for information on how to disable the hyperflash when you install LED turn signals, and from what I understand, you can disable this from the BCM. Is there a more complete spread sheet, or is the one linked a few pages back the only one? And are they pretty similar to the 2016 Explorer? I believe the technical name is the Lamp Out Indicator (There are two, one for the Front, one for the Back.)

I found a link to a spreadsheet from the F150 forums, but lost the link, and I'm not sure how similar they are between F150s and Explorers.

EDIT: Post #218 has the F150 Spreadsheet. Didn't see it.

Another EDIT: I'm dumb. I find the answers after I post. After not seeing them the first time. PlatinumOwner, you are a GODSEND!

I found something new!

For the APIM:
Sound settings:
7D0-01-01:
2xxx-xxxx-xxxx
Enables Occupancy Mode selection [Driver, All Sears, Rear], disables DSP

7D0-01-01:
Axxx-xxxx-xxxx
Enables DSP [Stereo, Surround], disables Occupancy Mode Selection

Tested on 2011 XLT Ford Explorer. When enabling the DSP options, it doesn't seem to work. There might be an ACM programming component to it as well.

Found more:
APIM:
7D0-01-02:
Ambient lighting menu enable: xxxX-xxxx-xxxx
The value 3 and B seems to work.
Value is 3 on Explorer Limiteds.
Value is B on Fusion Titanium and Explorer Platinum 2016

Ambient lighting menu disable: xxx1-xxxx-xxxx

Guys

After reading 14 pages of this thread, i'm still not sure what I need to reprogram the CC to change Double Horn Honk, Reverse Mirror Tilt and a couple
of other things.

Thanks for the information provided by every one.

I have a OBDLink MX wifi
Forscan windows, and have no problem connecting and reading the system info.

My main 2 questions are:
1) Do I need to have an extended license for FORscan, to reprogram the modules. If so I will apply.
2) I do not understand what memory button, being mention on reverse window calibration, line 6 & line 8
on my 2017 Explorer Sport, Push Button Start.

Reverse Tilt Mirror Calibration:

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops
5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
8) Hold memory button again

Thanks Brian

APIM:
7D0-02-02:
xxxx-xXxx-xxxx
A/V In option in media:
* Needs further testing
I'll need to confirm this but changing this value seems to disable it or enable it.
Enabled seems to be 0
Disabled seems to be 8

Guys

After reading 14 pages of this thread, i'm still not sure what I need to reprogram the CC to change Double Horn Honk, Reverse Mirror Tilt and a couple
of other things.

Thanks for the information provided by every one.

I have a OBDLink MX wifi
Forscan windows, and have no problem connecting and reading the system info.

My main 2 questions are:
1) Do I need to have an extended license for FORscan, to reprogram the modules. If so I will apply.
2) I do not understand what memory button, being mention on reverse window calibration, line 6 & line 8
on my 2017 Explorer Sport, Push Button Start.

Reverse Tilt Mirror Calibration:

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops
5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
8) Hold memory button again

Thanks Brian

For license:
http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=836
To generate license go to link below and get the hardware ID from the Forscan program.
http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php

For memory button refers to the seating position memory buttons on the driver's door.

So after testing, I don't hear much of a difference with the radio module (ACM) EQ testing, but maybe a slight advantage with it set to 9. Hopefully you guys hear a difference. For the Sync II branding, I think C is not a valid option - I noticed a DTC on the APIM module that is no longer active that was probably from that setting.

Edit: same with the soft button EQ - rock, pop, etc. I don't hear much of a difference at all.

I haven't tested TMC.
I suspect this change only enables soft button for Traffic in APIM. in order for it to work we need ACM with TCM support like from europe's Mondeo 5 aka Fusion

So after testing, I don't hear much of a difference with the radio module (ACM) EQ testing, but maybe a slight advantage with it set to 9. Hopefully you guys hear a difference. For the Sync II branding, I think C is not a valid option - I noticed a DTC on the APIM module that is no longer active that was probably from that setting.

Edit: same with the soft button EQ - rock, pop, etc. I don't hear much of a difference at all.

I have an XLT. I can confirm the EQ for pop, rock, etc does not work in models without the premium sound systems like the Sony/HD ACM. It is probably solely due to the ACM. I'll confirm that when I get the HD Radio ACM I ordered.

When enabling EQ pop, rock, etc, it works for me in my Titanium Fusion with the premium Sony sound with the subwoofer.

As for changing equalizer settings, I suggest against going from your stock. I heard the difference. My stock setting was 6. Tried 7 and 9 and it gave me that extra bassy thumping noise I dread from people who put too much base. To each their own.

Summary: Not much of a difference will be heard if you don't have either the proper ACM or Speakers. i'll confirm this when i get that hd acm.

I have an XLT. I can confirm the EQ for pop, rock, etc does not work in models without the premium sound systems like the Sony.

It might have to do with the ACM. I'll confirm that when I get the HD Radio ACM I ordered.

When enabling EQ pop, rock, etc, it works for me in my Titanium Fusion with the premium Sony sound with the subwoofer.

As for changing equalizer settings, I suggest against going from your stock. I heard the difference. My stock setting was 6. Tried 7 and 9 and it gave me that extra bassy thumping noise I dread from people who put too much base. To each their own.

Summary: Not much of a difference will be heard if you don't have either the proper ACM or Speakers. i'll confirm this when i get that hd acm.
Thanks, I probably will be changing back both EQ settings.

Something I noticed is that the Base Expy has smaller APIM data strings than other models. So the values in the spreadsheet may not apply to those models.

I have an XLT. I can confirm the EQ for pop, rock, etc does not work in models without the premium sound systems like the Sony/HD ACM. It is probably solely due to the ACM. I'll confirm that when I get the HD Radio ACM I ordered.

If I may ask, where are you buying your HD ACM from, do you have to have a different wiring harness along with the new unit for it to work and how much are you paying? Thanks:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did we ever figure out if enabling the climate controls on the right speedo cluster can be done with FORSCAN?

My wife has it on her 13 Edge, id love it on my 16 Sport.

Back