How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 57 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Hi all.

I just got a 2017 Explorer XLT, and as I went through the instrument cluster, I noticed that the combo screen I have on my Escape does not show up on the Explorer.

does anyone know if there is a way in Forscan to turn this combo screen on to be selected?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all.

I just got a 2017 Explorer XLT, and as I went through the instrument cluster, I noticed that the combo screen I have on my Escape does not show up on the Explorer.

does anyone know if there is a way in Forscan to turn this combo screen on to be selected?
View attachment 442662
It may be possible (if at all) by firmware update by the dealer. Not possible with Forscan

It may be possible (if at all) by firmware update by the dealer. Not possible with Forscan
Nice to hear from you again. It's been a while.:)

Peter

Thanks for confirming. Was starting to think that may be the case. Oh well. Thanks to everyone.

How to get extended license:
Standard and Extended licenses for Windows - FORScan forum

How to use configuration and programming:
How to program Central Configuration using FORScan - FORScan forum

How to view MS-CAN modules on ELM327 device.
How to access MS CAN bus using FORScanV2 and modified ELM327 - FORScan forum

2011-2017 Explorer Known As Built Data Changes:
Numbers

2011-2015 Specific Known As Built Data Changes:

2011-2017 Explorer Known As Built Data Changes:
Numbers
Any way to update this link and list ?

Hello guys,
Could anybody knowledgeable chime in and shed more light on modules firmware update via Forscan.
I had to replace FCIM on my 2012 Explorer and that one happened to be one version ahead of my original. Original one was CM and the FCIM I got had CN version. Apparently it is causing problems with HVAC in the vehicle which is materializing in fan speed going all the way up on its own every so often.
Forscan lists so many new firmware version for my FCIM but I suspect if I upgrade FCIM firmware to the latest which is CS then I have to upgrade my HVAC (to some corresponding firmware) as well in order for them to communicate properly. Is it the case or not?
Moreover I noticed that Forscan is not able to download some calibration or strategy files returning "files not available" message. Is it possible to have them preferably for free? I wanted to have my Cm version before I upgrade to the latest CS but Forscan cannot download calibration file for CM version.
Another question is if all the firmware versions which Forscan displays for each module are compatible with the vehicle?

Back