How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Where are you getting that this number is not fully there?

He is saying this because the Ford website isn't showing up the part number.
I couldn't either, but there are 3 used ones on eBay.
ACM with HD:

2011MY:
ID BB5T-19C107-CG
ID BB5T-19C107-CR
ID BB5T-19C107-CS

2012MY:
ID EB5T-19C107-CA
ID EB5T-19C107-CB
ID EB5T-19C107-CC

2013MY:
same as 2012MY plus
ID EB5T-19C107-GA thru GD

2014MY:
ID EB5T-19C107-CA
ID EB5T-19C107-CB
ID EB5T-19C107-FA
ID EB5T-19C107-JA

2015MY:
ID EB5T-19C107-JA
ID EB5T-19C107-JB

2016MY+ litle bit different part number, but I guess it is the same as 2011-2015MY except that all ACM units have no mention about HD (maybe they are all HD now)
ID GB5T-19C107-XX, where XX five different combinations

I'm curious as to what the real differences for each HD radio unit there is. Also, can you interchange the years of the ACM or would it not work?

Also, to reiterate my question, how did you guys get this part number information???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, guessing [1878] form is a security requirement when ordering the ACM. They probably want to ensure that you own a Ford that has this type of ACM. Again, just me speculating. At any rate, it sure seems to be a mysterious process. They also want just under $800.00 for a unit that has HD. For that price, I can live without it. However, if they have a swap program which allows you to swap your current ACM with the 'upgrade', the price may be much lower. All I know is, information on anything about this seems very fleeting and may require a face to face to get to the bottom of it. This is really turning into something not worth my time. HD ain't that important.

It probably has to do with licensing contracts. Sirius essentially pays (kickbacks) OEMs for every car they produce with Sirius radio hardware in it. I bet there is some agreement of tractability of each Sirius radio ESN number.

I just confirmed with a seller on ebay that the ACMs are different due to the different hardware connectors. ACMs for some trims have more connectors for the Satellite Radio, and more connectors for the extra subwoofer.

@sheltonfilms do you have your own list or spreadsheet of changes? It looks like Platinum's spreadsheet don't necessarily apply to 2013's.

Ah, I see. Ford part numbers are usually rather strung out and this part number is probably missing some content. In other words, the part number you show is incomplete as there is probably additional letters/numbers that come before it.
It seems that fordparts generally only shows the 'middle' number minus the beginning and end. I tried both without success.

It seems that fordparts generally only shows the 'middle' number minus the beginning and end. I tried both without success.

Just a proposition. Can we have a separate sub forum just for Module Programming? Keeping everything all in one thread is kind of a lot. That or a MOD handled thread where the first post is edited with updates about module programming findings? Thanks!

@sheltonfilms do you have your own list or spreadsheet of changes? It looks like Platinum's spreadsheet don't necessarily apply to 2013's.

Nope sorry.

Just a proposition. Can we have a separate sub forum just for Module Programming? Keeping everything all in one thread is kind of a lot. That or a MOD handled thread where the first post is edited with updates about module programming findings? Thanks!

When ComPulse (XDA Forums) and I worked together on the AS Built comparator (give him 90% cred for it, I help a little with the logic that computes the correct bits that need to be changed), we went through all kinds of optional equipment and it works very well if you know how to get the right VIN #s. Like at least 10 with option, 10 without. I went through just about all MY and models to figure out which bits need to be changed for the ACM and IPC when you do the Navigation hack. That took a while.

Are you thinking of factory options or doing stuff like the double honk removal?

Nope sorry.

When ComPulse (XDA Forums) and I worked together on the AS Built comparator (give him 90% cred for it, I help a little with the logic that computes the correct bits that need to be changed), we went through all kinds of optional equipment and it works very well if you know how to get the right VIN #s. Like at least 10 with option, 10 without. I went through just about all MY and models to figure out which bits need to be changed for the ACM and IPC when you do the Navigation hack. That took a while.

Are you thinking of factory options or doing stuff like the double honk removal?

You the man! I have 3 Ford vehicles. 2011 Explorer XLT with touchscreen, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium (Needs that double honk removed), and 2014 F-150, so I have a lot of module programming I have to do.

For the Ford Explorer,

I need to recalibrate the tire size:
For this: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2650&p=11271&hilit=Explorer#p11271

The value is in 726-45-01 in the BCM:
2011-2015 Explorer
I changed xxxx
I've been trying to calibrate the speedometer with this method, however, seems like no matter what value I put in, it'll show up as incorrect speed. 5 MPH off at 80 MPH :(

I switched from the 18 wheels stock on XLT to Police Interceptor 245/55/R18 which is a smaller diameter wheel. Which shows that I am going faster than I actually am. Increasing mileage faster too.

I need to add the turn lines and tow hitch line up lines to the rear camera on the MFT display
No clue how

Enable surround sound button
I have this in my Fusion. Sounds nice in surround sound mode.

Enable 3 option heated seats version 2 option

Basically, I want to hack everything lol and enable as much as I can.

You the man! I have 3 Ford vehicles. 2011 Explorer XLT with touchscreen, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium (Needs that double honk removed), and 2014 F-150, so I have a lot of module programming I have to do.

For the Ford Explorer,

I need to recalibrate the tire size:
For this: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2650&p=11271&hilit=Explorer#p11271

The value is in 726-45-01 in the BCM:
2011-2015 Explorer
I changed xxxx
I've been trying to calibrate the speedometer with this method, however, seems like no matter what value I put in, it'll show up as incorrect speed. 5 MPH off at 80 MPH :(

I switched from the 18 wheels stock on XLT to Police Interceptor 245/55/R18 which is a smaller diameter wheel. Which shows that I am going faster than I actually am. Increasing mileage faster too.

I need to add the turn lines and tow hitch line up lines to the rear camera on the MFT display
No clue how

Enable surround sound button
I have this in my Fusion. Sounds nice in surround sound mode.

Enable 3 option heated seats version 2 option

Basically, I want to hack everything lol and enable as much as I can.

That's quite a list! I've done everything I need to do, but I'm still trying to find out how to turn on the hour meter. I know it's in there, somewhere...

That's quite a list! I've done everything I need to do, but I'm still trying to find out how to turn on the hour meter. I know it's in there, somewhere...

Maybe we can compare the IPC with a Taurus and compare that with the Explorer and see if we can get it enabled. I'll find a way to sneak myself into a cop car and plug the OBD read in and save a bunch the IPC files.

My plan for the APIM stuff is to save the APIM values in module programming from my Fusion, and just brute force load the same numbers to the Explorer to see what happens lol

Maybe we can compare the IPC with a Taurus and compare that with the Explorer and see if we can get it enabled. I'll find a way to sneak myself into a cop car and plug the OBD read in and save a bunch the IPC files.

Get 10 Police Interceptor Vins and 10 non-police interceptor vins and throw it into the AS Built Explorer. That was one of the first options we tried. Too bad I didn't write them down.

Here's a work-in-progress spreadsheet I put together based on the 2013MY using threads on this forum, but I'm assuming would work for 2011-2015. Keep in mind FORScan has configurable options already available in the simple configuration mode.
2011-2015 Explorer

Here's a work-in-progress spreadsheet I put together based on the 2013MY using threads on this forum, but I'm assuming would work for 2011-2015. Keep in mind FORScan has configurable options already available in the simple configuration mode.
2011-2015 Explorer

Thank you for the helpful spreadsheet! You should ask a moderator to pin this to the first post of this thread or something. This is great stuff. May I request access to edit or can I e-mail you changes I have found to work? Thanks!

Thank you for the helpful spreadsheet! You should ask a moderator to pin this to the first post of this thread or something. This is great stuff. May I request access to edit or can I e-mail you changes I have found to work? Thanks!
For now, email me the changes as I'm still tweaking the formatting. I'll send you a PM with my email address. Thanks!

Get 10 Police Interceptor Vins and 10 non-police interceptor vins and throw it into the AS Built Explorer. That was one of the first options we tried. Too bad I didn't write them down.

I tried this. Got VINs off of eBay. When I run it, it identifies 9 vehicles with the feature, and 11 without, but it doesn't give me the 'perfect bits'. It's just blank. When I try to load modules, it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Screenshot - 3_17_2017 , 1_50_20 PM.png
Screenshot - 3_17_2017 , 1_51_18 PM.png

I tried, but no luck. I ran my 720-01-02 through a hex to binary converter, changed those bits, and converted it back, but it didn't work. I tried various configurations of them, and the only thing that changed, that I found, was the DTE calculation; I went from 332 mile to empty, to 339, and 999.

One thing I noticed is that it changed the last digit from what I entered, to a value one higher or lower, i.e. 9024 to 9023 or 9025. I'm not sure if that's just a check digit. There was one attempt that I got an error saying the vehicle wasn't equipped.

Last two digits are just a checksum. I found a handful of 2013 PI's on Autoblog and compared with several other 2013's. Maybe try limiting to one year?
Code:
Perfect Bits:
720-01-01 bit 12  val 1
720-01-01 bit 31  val 1
720-01-01 bit 36  val 1
720-01-01 bit 39  val 1
720-01-02 bit 11  val 1
720-01-03 bit 12  val 1
720-01-03 bit 14  val 1
720-02-01 bit 1  val 1
720-02-01 bit 3  val 1
720-02-01 bit 5  val 1
720-02-01 bit 9  val 1
720-02-01 bit 11  val 1
720-02-01 bit 14  val 1
726-22-01 bit 21  val 1
726-22-01 bit 29  val 1
726-25-01 bit 5  val 1
726-25-01 bit 6  val 1
726-25-01 bit 9  val 1
726-26-01 bit 13  val 1
726-43-01 bit 14  val 1
727-01-01 bit 0  val 1
727-04-01 bit 14  val 1
733-01-01 bit 7  val 1
733-02-02 bit 22  val 1
737-01-02 bit 22  val 1
760-01-02 bit 22  val 1
7A5-01-01 bit 16  val 1

I tried this. Got VINs off of eBay. When I run it, it identifies 9 vehicles with the feature, and 11 without, but it doesn't give me the 'perfect bits'. It's just blank. When I try to load modules, it does nothing. Any suggestions?

View attachment 96051 View attachment 96052

I tried, but no luck. I ran my 720-01-02 through a hex to binary converter, changed those bits, and converted it back, but it didn't work. I tried various configurations of them, and the only thing that changed, that I found, was the DTE calculation; I went from 332 mile to empty, to 339, and 999.

One thing I noticed is that it changed the last digit from what I entered, to a value one higher or lower, i.e. 9024 to 9023 or 9025. I'm not sure if that's just a check digit. There was one attempt that I got an error saying the vehicle wasn't equipped.

On another forum, a member with a PI Taurus made the following change
720-01-02 8A14 0003 3D08 (disabled)
720-01-02 BA14 0003 3D08 (enabled)

Edit: NVM, that was to enable AWD display

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2011-2015 Explorer
Thanks for doing that.
So far, I've done the most of this stuff I found useful for me.
I tried Sync styling and can tell that "C" is not working on my 11MY. I haven't tried "8" for Lincoln.
I enabled tmc and nav cameras as well, but yet to see if thsee are really working.
Did you enable them yourself and if so, are they working for you (I mean TMC and nav speed cameras )?

Back