New from South Korea | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New from South Korea

gideon123

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Ltd
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Some might be interested to hear about my new purchase in South Korea. Myself, I am Canadian but work in Korea and up until the new FTA between Korea and USA i couldnt purchase any american cars unless i wanted to dish out massive import fees.

I bought a new 2013 Ford Explorer (Oct 2013) from Ford Korea as of today. The 2014 models have not shipped to Korea yet so i was offered the 2013.10 model at a nice discount. I could have ordered a 2014 but would have to wait over 3 months. So to my surprise i got, what i think more options on the limited model. I could be wrong but here is what i was given.

Sale price for 2013 Ford Explorer Limited model in korean dollars is 53,700,000 won which in US is 49,993.00. I was given a discount of 3,700.00 US and also was given free tinting and a black box (video camera recorder w LCD display) with two channels, front and back. I was also given a 500.00 discount from the finance company because i put down half of the value of the car in cash.

There are only 2 models to choose from in korea. The XLT ecoboost or the Limited with AWD and the 302A package. The limited with 302A package also includes dual sunroof, 20' polished aluminum wheels, roof rack cross bars, smokers kit with lighting element, adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake.

It takes 4 days to arrive because they already have some in stock at the port and freight is 175.00

In addition I am ordering the EGR Integrated running boards from Carid.com

Thas pretty much it :)

Might get some red caliper covers because ive chosen oxford white as the paint color.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very cool. Enjoy the Truck! Post pictures when you get it please.

Congratulations on the purchase.

The free "blackbox" made me chuckle. Do people protect themselves from scam accidents in South Korea with one of these?

Yes

Congratulations on the purchase.

The free "blackbox" made me chuckle. Do people protect themselves from scam accidents in South Korea with one of these?

They are used mostly for accidents. Koreans are notorious for lying and so the video shows the truth.

Paint, or powder coat! :thumbsup: Caliper covers look so cheesy! :thumbdwn:

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Some might be interested to hear about my new purchase in South Korea. Myself, I am Canadian but work in Korea and up until the new FTA between Korea and USA i couldnt purchase any american cars unless i wanted to dish out massive import fees.

I bought a new 2013 Ford Explorer (Oct 2013) from Ford Korea as of today. The 2014 models have not shipped to Korea yet so i was offered the 2013.10 model at a nice discount. I could have ordered a 2014 but would have to wait over 3 months. So to my surprise i got, what i think more options on the limited model. I could be wrong but here is what i was given.

Sale price for 2013 Ford Explorer Limited model in korean dollars is 53,700,000 won which in US is 49,993.00. I was given a discount of 3,700.00 US and also was given free tinting and a black box (video camera recorder w LCD display) with two channels, front and back. I was also given a 500.00 discount from the finance company because i put down half of the value of the car in cash.

There are only 2 models to choose from in korea. The XLT ecoboost or the Limited with AWD and the 302A package. The limited with 302A package also includes dual sunroof, 20' polished aluminum wheels, roof rack cross bars, smokers kit with lighting element, adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake.

It takes 4 days to arrive because they already have some in stock at the port and freight is 175.00

In addition I am ordering the EGR Integrated running boards from Carid.com

Thas pretty much it :)

Might get some red caliper covers because ive chosen oxford white as the paint color.

Just wait until you experience all the bells & whistles in that Limited 302A package, they are uncanny and can save your butt. One thing for sure, once you are spoiled, you will want all your future vehicles to have nothing less. Welcome aboard !

PS: I have a dashcam with a "beanbag" base on my dash also.

Can you post some pics of the black box? It is integrated in the vehicle or it is separate?
I purchased from eBay a dual dash cam but it lasted only 6 month(Chinese product) and the market for dash cameras here in Canada is very limited.
Tx

Just wait until you experience all the bells & whistles in that Limited 302A package, they are uncanny and can save your butt. One thing for sure, once you are spoiled, you will want all your future vehicles to have nothing less. Welcome aboard !

PS: I have a dashcam with a "beanbag" base on my dash also.

Thanks will def feel spoiled !!

The explorer arrives Wednesday. It's been a long time since I had that feeling about Xmas day and today I certainly feel it.

Can't freakn wait.

I already have the extra cash aside to buy EGR integrated running boards, trunk mat, rear bumper protector and mud flaps.

Dash cam

Can you post some pics of the black box? It is integrated in the vehicle or it is separate?
I purchased from eBay a dual dash cam but it lasted only 6 month(Chinese product) and the market for dash cameras here in Canada is very limited.
Tx

The dash cam is two channel, so the other camera runs in the back which is great. It's a Korean made dash cam with a small LCD screen so u can remove it to show people the accident which is nice, especially so u can show the police whose at fault. Also in Korea if we have a dash cam we get a small discount on insurance.

The model I have is called Pontus HDR-1840 (Full touch screen)

Pontus HDR-1840 (180.00 USD)

Tx

17dca885e40181a3cf503335bfe30725.jpg

815cda565edc55b0b92c6101c9953635.jpg

8049109a4033f5adab45e8ff4c1a75d1.jpg

61d05afbbc6005d39cf7c817d7109bfb.jpg

61d0b6bbe4745047729b1049706ca9cc.jpg

Why not just use a GoPro? That's what I do.

Nice looking camera
Tx for the pics

Yes I was and am still going to buy a go pro but in Korea the dealers give u a free dash cam (front n rear channel) as a promotion in addition to free tint.:)

stereotype or a racist remark? hum...

I don't see it that way if the dealers even see it enough to offer free dashcams. Did you read his location?

that is not just camera
it can record when someone or some vehicle hits your car in parkinglot
camera works do recording
camera watching front and rear its kind of security cam
coz. city in korea so many narrow street, lots of cars in parking lot
also when you have traffic accident. need any evidence to show insurance

here in korea, many people use that camera even 4-channel(front,rear,right,left)
to protect and secure their own explorer

that is not just camera
it can record when someone or some vehicle hits your car in parkinglot
camera works do recording
camera watching front and rear its kind of security cam
coz. city in korea so many narrow street, lots of cars in parking lot
also when you have traffic accident. need any evidence to show insurance

here in korea, many people use that camera even 4-channel(front,rear,right,left)
to protect and secure their own explorer

Yes, thats right steven. Where in Korea do you live? I live in Cheongju

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back