• Register Today It's free!

New front end mod and opinions

deamon3

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
Recently I made a new "more modern looking" front end mod for my exploder. It's simply a new grille , bumper combo.

I was interested in your opinions as to how it looks. Does it look awesome ?, just good ?, ok ?, or really stupid?

I kept my old front end parts in case I change my mind and you guys think it looks better the old way. The left is the new and right is the old.

fontszk.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks sweet. What did that front come from? I changed mine to the black bezels and gill from my 90 B2. Does't look as good as yours.

Looks good!!! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the grille and lights came from a Navajo??

The grille is from a navajo , I bondo'd it up a lot and added a ford emblem. Also stuffed the blinkers into the marker lights and changed the bulbs to amber.

I'll take more pics when I finish the fog lights that go in those bumper holes there.

I like it.

I was thinking about doing the same thing when I picked up a Navajo here in town for $150...

But I got rid of it after I took the parts I needed, and parted out the rest.

Ryan

Ok here it is with the fog lights installed. What do you guys think? keep it? put it back to original? btw sorry for these bad pictures , i'm using a mp3 player to take them.

ak000065.jpg

i like it! having a unique truck is something to be proud of and this is the first time I've ever seen this swap

I was also considering some other easy body mods like navajo ski racks , second gen rear bumper and gate , and possibly some second gen full body length running boards.

i love it,you should post a how to

Looks very nice. Certainly did a great job on it for sure!

I like it. Is it a direct bolt on?

Yea not much of a how to.... It just bolts right on and the limited bumper just snaps in. Only hard part was paint and bondo.

Not bad making the navajo pieces fit. Im thinking along the same lines, but Im going to try to adapt F-series lights off of a '94 F-150. Its a little more detailed because of the different sizes. Any input on the Idea? I was also just installing euro head lights.

Not bad making the navajo pieces fit. Im thinking along the same lines, but Im going to try to adapt F-series lights off of a '94 F-150. Its a little more detailed because of the different sizes. Any input on the Idea? I was also just installing euro head lights.

Your going to be doing A LOT of work to get that to look good. Lots of body work and fabricating to get them to blend in properly. But even if it was done professionally the lights off a f150 will look too big on a mid size suv.

Back