New girl here...love my new '03 sport! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New girl here...love my new '03 sport!

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
Hey everybody,

I just thought I would introduce myself finally after stumbling across this site and doing lots and lots of reading! I'm a recent college grad from the University of Iowa in December, so I figured it was time to finally buy the car I've wanted for a few years. About a month ago I purchased an '03 Sport XLT, black, leather, moonroof....and I love it! I was tired of not being able to do a lot with my old grand am. Boats and furniture don't move themselves ;-)

Only thing I don't like about my new truck is my sagging rear end (of my car that is, haha). I just received my add a leafs and am having my dad put them on tomorrow. That should make it look better for now. I've been bitten by the mod bug...so much I can do now!
Anyway, thanks for all the good info on here! Keep it up guys.
Jenni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site

Hi Jenni welcome to the site. That's the one bad thing about this site is that you'll spend to much money. I had an '03 Sport for a short time and liked it a lot except it's smaller size which was not good for me. I've always had four doors and use every inch of room. There are things I definitely miss about the Sport though. Welcome to the Explorer family. :)

Hi and welcome..another Explorer owner!!! excellent......you will find a lot of useful info here. Always use the SEARCH feature..you will be kept busy reading! ha....

Good luck and have fun!!!

Hi there jenni welcome to the site and nice to see another fellow sport driver. And welcome to the explorer family.

:thumbsup: Welcome to the site Jenni. Happy motoring!
:burnout:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH a fellow wakeboarder.
Nice choice with the Ford. :)
Welcome......

410Fortune said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH a fellow wakeboarder.
Nice choice with the Ford. :)
Welcome......

Lovvvvee to wakeboard. Pretty much every day in the summer, til late September. Just starting to get into wakeskating....a lot to learn though! I thought it was a clever name to make, haha. I had the same screen name for years on aol and stuff, it was time for a change.

wakesk8er said:
Lovvvvee to wakeboard. Pretty much every day in the summer, til late September. Just starting to get into wakeskating....a lot to learn though! I thought it was a clever name to make, haha. I had the same screen name for years on aol and stuff, it was time for a change.

Where in IA you got boarding at? I hear they have a competition of some kind down on Correlville Lake during the summer. I've never seen it, but my sister who lives in Cedar Rapids went once.

Welcome aboard....Owning an Explorer and modifying it is a hobby in and of it's self... it's fun but expensive...Good Luck...

welcome to the site... i guess jenni is short for jennifer? if so, thats an awesome name ;)

welcome to the site (#*@!$%^$ damn college grads) enjoy modding your new to you X (and may it be the only ex that you still drop money on)

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! This really seems like a cool site. My new head unit should be here on monday or tuesday ( i NEED to listen to my ipod, i've become obsessed ;-) so I'll attempt putting that in sometime next week. My X has the 6 disc changer/audiophile stuff with the sub in back. Am I going to have to rewire everything? My head unit has 3 preouts, hopefully it won't be too bad to put in.

SplashMan, I lived in iowa city for about 4 and a half years for school, so I go on coralville lake about everyday in the summer. However, I'll probably only be there on weekends now since i'm living at home in des moines until july or so...not sure of any competitions there but would love to hear of them. ask your sister about it and let me know! Not a lot of good lakes in iowa, but they are around. Can't wait to move down south to warm weather and water!

I have yet to try the wakeskate, but its really taking our sport to new levels....

Lets see some pics!

funny how the word girl is in this thread title and it gets doublt the views as other intro threads. Anyways welcome to the site.

I don't say this often, but welcome! It's refreshing to see a new member that knows proper grammar and spelling, and has already used the search feature! :p Let's see some pics of that sagging rear end! :D Just kidding, and again, welcome aboard.

jeff96 said:
funny how the word girl is in this thread title and it gets doublt the views as other intro threads.

Isn't that the truth! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo welcome to the site hope you enjoy it here, you should see about posting some pics of your X.

Jeff - :navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back