• Register Today It's free!

New Guy From Kansas! W/ Pics!

Dolbs4082

Reaction score
City, State
Hillsboro Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Well, i guess its time i finally register here. Been looking at the website for as long as i can remember. I'll start with some back ground on myself. When i turned 16 i bought a 2001 Explorer XLT, about 6 months later i rolled it 7 times. Walked away with out a scratch and have been in love with explorers since then.

With the insurance check i got from the Explorer i bought a 2000 mustang v6 5 speed. A year later got bored with it and bought a 2001 GT. Ended up sinking thousands into it. Built a 5.0L stroker motor, full bolt ons, forged internals with cams and everything. Was a solid 12 second street car. So at this point i was 18, had a fully built mustang, a wife and a kid. So it was then time to get a family car. So we bought a 1998 explorer and drove it for about a year and a half until the trans went out.

I sold the explorer and my mustang and bought my wife a 2007 ford Edge. She had it for about a year and decided she didnt like it so we traded it for a 2005 mustang GT. I've had it for a year now, and decided it was time to get another family vehicle. (for those of you who are adding...that makes me 22)

What better then a Sport Trac!!! So I got lucky on this truck, got it for free from a family member. It needed all new door handles, and has a few other odds and ends i have to fix. I picked it up 6 days ago, and drove it 1000 miles home from Wyoming.

Everyone that knows me, knows i cant drive a stock vehicle. So I did the Torsion twist and rose the front a solid 1-3/4". I've already got my Warrior #153 Shackles on order from Tellico 4x4 for like ~90 bucks. As well as my Performance Accessories #883 3" body lift for ~180 bucks from 4 wheel parts.

For my wife i put real tree seat covers on the front and back of the truck, steering wheel cover, floor mats, visor covers... everything.

I've got a set of 32" tires (cant for the life of me remember what brand they are) on a set of soft 8's from another toy i had built a couple years back... i'll slap those on there for now until the budget allows me to order some larger more aggressive tires. Im planning on building a swing out tire rack/gas can hold/dead man jack mount on the back of the truck. Then possibly build a tubualar front bumper (but i CANNOT find any links to anyone thats built one before... not sure with how our front bumpers have the grill attached...).

Guess now its time for the pictures!!

Here is the lovely first explorer after the accident!

wreck.jpg

I dont have any pics of the v6, but this was my built 01...

103_1177.jpg

While driving it, i picked up this jewel...

100_1288.jpg

Sold both of those and got this...

car.jpg

Then traded it for this beast!

mustang4.jpg

And to protect it, heres my newest addition!

Here she is in stock form the day i got home from wyoming..

Stock-1.jpg

And after doing the TT Lift Kit...

TTlift.jpg

Welcome to this forum! That's a nice car collection. For those of you who are old enough to remember, my first car was my grandfather's 1984 Buick Skyhawk. I learned how to drive on it after he passed away. Back then, there weren't too many cars with fuel injection. This was one of the few with a single injector, and a throttle body which looked a little like a carburetor. It had a 2.0L 4 cylinder engine.

Back