New Guy From PA

Liftdriver53

Reaction score
City, State
Pensylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hiya all, how's it going?
I live in rural western Pennsylvania. The wife and I (and 2 daughters, 6 and 4, I might add lol) have a 2002 XLT Explorer 4.0 V6. I'm on a few other automotive forums (for other cars, hobby type), but unfortunately tranny problems (detailed in a another thread) led me to this forum. Seems like a pretty nice place and I don't want you to think I'm just here to leach and ask questions :p:.
I'm not a bad shadetree mechanic, but lets face it, the 5 speed auto and computer controls in these new Explorers are beyond my area of expertise.
Other than mechanical issues, the Explorer has been great. We get 18 mpg in everday driving, and 19 almost 20 on a trip to Chicago and back. We could have probably done better, but we probably ran 80 mph or more a lot of the time. I think the mileage is great for a heavy SUV. Power from the V6 is great for us, I wouldn't even want the V8 unless I was towing. What really sold us on the Explorer was the third row seat available in all of them, 2002 and newer. We need the room, because I frequently have to haul my father around in addition to the rest of the family. Buying a Trailblazer for example, would have limited me to searching for an extended wheelbase model.
I guess thats all for now. If you guys have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome lift

Welcome To Explorer Forum!

Welcome to another PA Explorer!

Welcome fellow Pennsylvanian. :bounce:

Welcome to the site homez

Wassup!

Thanks for the welcomes, hope you're all having a great New Year's!!!

Back