New here! From CA! 300K+ 2000 xlt 4x4 4.0L sohc | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New here! From CA! 300K+ 2000 xlt 4x4 4.0L sohc

300k+ trev

Reaction score
City, State
Modesto ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 4x4 xlt
Hey everyone, been following a few posts on here as I've done some repairs to my explorer. Seems like a great community, happy to be here!!

Little background: I got my explorer from my uncle who had bought it brand new. He always babied it when it came to routine maintenance. It's a 2000 4.0 sohc 4x4 I received it in 2013 with 238k it's now 2019 and I've got 303k still all original besides I replaced the radiator at 285k. Which was original. Just did the wheel hub a few days ago, now in the middle of doing the right CV axle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. It's always great to hear about the high mileage Explorers. There are a lot of them!:chug:

Welcome to this forum! How many miles do you put on each year?

Thanks! For about a year and a half I was commuting to work in it. ~180 miles round-trip. Was doing that 6 days a week so it was about 1000 a week or so. I now work right down the street from my house so in the last year I've put about 2k on it just driving around town

Back