• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

New member deciding on 2018 Explorer or waiting on 2019

AT0204

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mazda 3 sport
Im Considering getting the color of my ford explorer in white platinum metallic tri-coat. Does anyone know if the extra $500 dollars for this color choice stands out over the regular white base Paint? To my eyes the platinum white seems to have a kinda pearl tint to it. But there is none in my area to see in person. I'm basing this off of images online. Thanks.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
That's exactly it.. it is a pearl color. I love metallic paint.. when cleaned, waxed and sitting in the sun, the flakes really make it stand out over the regular white.

Phil DeVtec

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 Explorer Sport
Im Considering getting the color of my ford explorer in white platinum metallic tri-coat. Does anyone know if the extra $500 dollars for this color choice stands out over the regular white base Paint? To my eyes the platinum white seems to have a kinda pearl tint to it. But there is none in my area to see in person. I'm basing this off of images online. Thanks.

Definitely a pearlized white. It looks good. Heck of a lot better than your average (flat) white.