• Register Today It's free!

New member, problems already!

R/T-z28

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer
Hey forum new member here. I'm a 22 yr old from TX. I just bought my first Ford today.

A 2007 Ford Explorer with the V6 80,000 miles. After the 20 mile drive home I noticed some dripping under the car. I began prodding around the engine closer and saw a puddle dead center of the intake manifold near some sort of sensor. It turned out to be motor oil. I cleaned it up and drove around for a bit but no more oil accumulated. Does anyone know what this could be from?

Question 2 I also noticed a drip under the car that happened to be water. It occurred between the engine and transmission. I didn't notice any condensation on the ac lines and it happens fairly quickly after starting the car and short drives. It does not seem to be mixed with antifreeze or any oils. Could this be from the ac? It seams to run down near a cable harnes near the k member. It's dripping under k member.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pic 1 is the area I found the oil puddle.
20130914_194448.jpg

Pic 2
Drip can be seen near k member.
20130914_194535.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bring it right bak where you bought it and make them fix the problem

Drip #2 is normal and is just condensation drainage from the AC box inside the vehicle. As far as the oil goes, it could have just been from the technician being lazy when filling the engine with oil and spilled some there.

Thanks for the info guys. I have a 12 month warranty with the dealership so ill swing it by on Monday to have them check it out. Ill update the post shortly after so anyone with a similar issue can have a reference.

Does anybody know what that sensor is that the oil was puddled around.

hello. This is my first post, and I must agree with flag on both counts. The sensor is a knock sensor.

Curious about what happened with this truck, because I had a semi-similar experience.

On Sat Dec 7th I bought an 2006 Eddie Bauer 4.0L. I drove straight home, except for getting gas. I parked the car for a few days, until Wednesday to be exact. After getting home from a grocery store trip, I observed a puddle of oil on my garage that I had previously left. I followed up and had truck inspected at one place and got an estimate for repairs at another. basically, $1750 to replace about 6 seals/gaskets... including one that requires dropping the tranny.

So, I wish I returned truck immediately for a refund, but alas, the 2-3 days period had passed and I am stuck with it. The dealership refused to own-up to any repairs... I told them that I had only put 92 miles on it and it is due for over $2k in repairs. Arg!!!

Fortunately (?), I bought the truck at a GREAT price and felt that it was probably too good to be true. As it is, repair costs will bring the truck up to about the going rate for a 2006 Eddie Bauer 4x4 in this area.

Back