New MFT's customer install USB-drive shipment thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New MFT's customer install USB-drive shipment thread

Oh Rebecca, the natives are getting restless :D

Oh Rebecca, the natives are getting restless :D

Obviously its nothing to do with Rebecca but I agree.

IMHO many of us have purchased a "state of the art" vehicle with the main vehicle control system not working properly. Now it's going on 3 model years with a fix "On the Way"

If any of us had purchased a TV from Costco that acted like MFT how fast do you think that TV would be returned?

While I know some of the members on this forum report few or no problems with MFT but I would suggest those users are often not the technically advanced users that demand complete functionality.

If all you do is turn on the radio and leave HVAC to AUTO, and drive the vehicle then yes, you probably haven't had any problems.

Those wishing to use everything promised in all the pre sale marketing material are seriously disappointed.

Where is SDK?

Where is AppLink?

If this gets pushed to Q2 I really don't see the new software providing the required "Recovery" that Ford will need to bounce back. Especially with GM releasing "CUE" in their next generation of vehicles.

I hope its worth the wait, but if it's not I think Ebay Motors will have a better selection of 2011/12 Explorers soon.

Now it's going on 3 model years with a fix "On the Way"

I admit that I'm skeptical that this will be some sort of magic fix. I think we'll see a streamlined (read: dumbed-down) interface and some fancy screen transitions to obfuscate the system's slowness, but until I can actually turn on the car and have BT audio connect every time I won't be a believer.

It being the end of February, Ford should be able to give us a date they are going to mail these things out.

We should get the update before the 2013 hits the lots!

Back