New mods. James duff radius arms and BFG ATS. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New mods. James duff radius arms and BFG ATS.

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
New mods. James duff radius arms and BFG ATS (PICS)

Hey everyone. Over spring break I went to visit my dad and we did a few things to my car. Along with some maintenance we also added James Duff radius arms, an add-a-leaf, and BFGoodrich ATs. Also added some neat decals too. BTW. The tires rub on the radius arms at full lock with stock wheels, the shocks are too short and rub the radius arms without the duff shock mounts, and the new arms and cross member was a pain to install. BUT, as soon as I get the shock hoops and new shocks I'll be flexing like crazy. I can already notice a lack of the typical clanging and banging, handling is better because of the caster fix (f-150 spacers with stock radius arms), and in general control and feel is much better. Without further ado, here are some pics.

I just had the best offroading trip I've ever had too, pics will be up shortly.

Attachments

• img00035b.jpg
    img00035b.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 314

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New decal, $8 on ebay for both sides.

Attachments

• img00036b.jpg
    img00036b.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 340

wow those look nice... time for new rims and tires.... how much lift is that kit? the 2.5"?

Radius arms.

Attachments

• img00048b.jpg
    img00048b.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 461

GM truck skid plate my dad had laying around.

Attachments

• img00047b.jpg
    img00047b.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 438

Turned over 200K on my trip back.

Attachments

• img00049b.jpg
    img00049b.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 428

Finished product. BFGs, and the cleanest my Explorer has ever been. Nice shot of BFG decal too.

Attachments

• img00044b.jpg
    img00044b.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 399

Jim, just f-150 spacers right now, but plans to go 4" and fiberglass when I get out of college, thats why I went ahead and got the radius arms. And the new tires are on, you just replied to quickly;).

Back