• Register Today It's free!

new muffler

99stocksport

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
hey ya'll i am new to the forum and hope htat his question in the correct section.
i have a 99 expo sport 4x4 and i and fed up with the exhaust being to quite. however i quickly learned that finding a dual inlet muffler which is what i need is very difficult. i was wondering if yall knew of any companies that make a dual inlet muffler that is not very expensive?
thanks in advance
Davis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Flowmaster thats all you need.

yeah i agree with ions

I got dual chamber 2 flowmasters on my 01 Sport. But I paid 490 bucks for them to get professionally installed.

Here are some pics of my X and you can see my dual chamber 2 flowmasters too.

www.cardomain.com/id/sams01xplrsprt

99stocksport said:
i quickly learned that finding a dual inlet muffler which is what i need is very difficult. i was wondering if yall knew of any companies that make a dual inlet muffler that is not very expensive?
thanks in advance
Davis

Flowmaster 50 Series SUV, model 524553

All you need. Highly recommended by many members on this site (myself included). Almost plug and play with the dual in, single out. Don't get too hung up on duals. Looks cool, but no real performance gains, very pricey (relative to singles), and tricky to install (although a lot have been done by members on this site). Consider new pipes from the cats back. Recommended diameter if you have OHV engine is 2.25" and 2.5" if SOHC. Of course these are just guidelines.

Try and do a SEARCH on this site and you'll see the multitude of similar discussions in the archives.

Don't stop there. Put on an intake as well followed by a SCT chip and you'll be amazed at what your Ex can do. :thumbsup:

i was interested in the 50 series, but for me, i dont have quite the funds to pay $110 for a muffler...so is there another muffler out there, that may not be quite as good, but still louder than OEM??? thanks

Back