new pics of 2wd w/ 35's | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new pics of 2wd w/ 35's

Make sure you look at all the pages! Pictures are being added daily! Here are some quick pictures I took of my 1992 2wd Explorer with 10 inches of lift and 35" BFG Mudders. I have a 6 inch Skyjacker Suspension lift, 1.5" Warrior Shackle Lift, 1.5" F-150 Coil Spacers, and 3" Body lift for a total of 10"s. I also installed a Powertrax locker in the rear with 4:10 Gearing. Better photos to come. More photos on other pages of this thread.
View

View

And here is one that I took next to a Honda Civic just to show you how much taller it is. I will have some action photos soon to come.
View

[Edited by trckmagik on 01-08-2001 at 09:30 AM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man your truck looks awesome! i never realized a 2wd could look so good, kinda gives me new hope. my only thing is im in college(no money) and i have over 300k miles on original engine and tranny(gotta save up for new ones cause these aint gonna last me much longer). how much did the 6inch skyjacker cost you and did you install it or did you pay somebody else? if you paid somebody then how much more did that cost?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dont go Fabtech then....it cost $$$. Skyjacker kits seem to be around 1200 for the 6" i think. I've seen them start around 868 or somewhere in that ballpark. Look in the 4 wheel mags. They have the Explorer skyjacker kits in them. My install was 450 or 350. The kit was 2100, but its a little cheaper now that it has been out for while.

So now you need fiberglass. What size tire do you think would fit with your lift plus 'glass? 37? 38? Sweet ride man. Now you need a Dana 44 and a V8.

Yea! I am in the process of trying to get the Dana 44. Thanks for the compliments.

sweet ride man.

I keep hearing "why so much lift" in different stuff, especially fenderguy haha. But i see it in magazines too that the new in thing is to have the biggest tires with the least lift.

Personally, I just like the look of a lot of lift.
and if you tthink about it, a suspension lift DOES help ground clearence, just not under the axle. Your transfer case, and anything like that will be higher.

Photos unavailable

Cant access your photos. Bummer! It says Photos unavailable.

how 'bout a springover in the rear with fiberglass... don't know how you could equal that lift in front... you could run like 44's man

I have a 2WD '92 XLT and I am looking for a 3-4 inch front and a 2-3 inch rear suspension lift, any suggestions? by the way, would a 86-97 ranger suspension lift work on my explorer?

Photos Unavailable

Have any new photos? I just stumbled on this post in my search for MTR photos.
Thanks
Rick

Back