new pics of 2wd w/ 35's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new pics of 2wd w/ 35's

Make sure you look at all the pages! Pictures are being added daily! Here are some quick pictures I took of my 1992 2wd Explorer with 10 inches of lift and 35" BFG Mudders. I have a 6 inch Skyjacker Suspension lift, 1.5" Warrior Shackle Lift, 1.5" F-150 Coil Spacers, and 3" Body lift for a total of 10"s. I also installed a Powertrax locker in the rear with 4:10 Gearing. Better photos to come. More photos on other pages of this thread.
View

View

And here is one that I took next to a Honda Civic just to show you how much taller it is. I will have some action photos soon to come.
View

[Edited by trckmagik on 01-08-2001 at 09:30 AM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

VB I already have clears that I put on the rear every once in awhile. I moved the exhaust to its new location do to my smashing the old location while off-road. Here are some photos that I took today while testing the new lift. Oh yeah VB you cant add add-a-leafs to my 6 inch arched leaf springs. Just thought I would let you know. I have THE MOST lift that you can do without getting completely custom.

View

And another view
View

View

View

I have more coming soon with mud, it was just taking to long on photopoint.

[Edited by trckmagik on 01-07-2001 at 04:39 PM]

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Just to let you know I dont park in Handicapped spots ever. I just did that to show you the size.

Thanks Gimp, I knew what you were saying. I will test it out more at the slabs outside of Austin soon.

O MY GOD!!! The truck looks amazing!!

Thanks 4Wheelin! Its coming along very nicely. More mods to come though. When will it end? Never........

That is one of the best looking trucks I've seen. When are you thinking about getting a 4x4 conversion? Any more lift and you probably won't even need four wheel drive.

Thanks JM! I will not do the 4x4 conversion for awhile. Lack of money and time. I really dont need it w/ the 35's and PowerTrax locker. This combo has gotten me through alot so far. I will do the 95 clip and paint job before the conversion. Much more to come.

Here are a couple more photos from yesterday:
View

View

And here is a good one of the warrior shackles with the six inch skyjacker springs.
View

That is best looking truck by far that I have seen on this site. Just awesome Brian.

Thanks alot Keith! We need to do a body lift on yours like Sinjin did. Great write up on the slabs run. Hopefully it wont rain anymore so I can give it a shot.

Fenderguy, Read the post you started on why people go so big and my answer is there. I just want one of the biggest and best looking explorers. It is 2wd so its mainly just for looks but can do some pretty mean stuff when I want it to.

Nice man. I have always liked the way a 2wd looks lifted, i think it's just the whole pre-runner look i guess. All you need now is a winch, and forget the 4x4.(but it does help)

Thanks RU MAN! I like the look too! Thanks for the comps!

have you ever thought about that supercharger? It'd help power those 35's. By the way, could you tell us the specifics of your lift? What else did you do?

thanks
travis

Paco, Here is a list of what I have done to achieve the 10.5 inches of lift and a couple other mods.

-6" Skyjacker Suspension Lift
-3" Body Lift
-1.5" Ford F-150 Coil Spacer
-1.5" Warrior Shackles
-Custom Paint w/ Racing Stripes
-35" BFG Mud Terrain Tires
-Yellow Top Optima Battery
-Radio Shack Cb
-Flowmaster Dual Exhaust
-American Racing Atlas Rims (soon to be swapped out)
-Chrome Diff. Cover
-4:10 Gearing
-Powertrax No-Slip Locker
-Jet Mass Air Flow Sensor
-KKM True Rev Air Filter
-Jet Performance Chip
-Surco Safari Rack w/ Light Tabs (pics coming)
-Splitfire Plugs
-Splitfire Plug Wires

There is you a start to work with! I think I got pretty much all of it so far. Hope this helps

bout your wheels

hey dude, are you gonna sell those atlas rims? If so how much r u askin for em? thanks a lot man, later!

-eric

I will not be selling the Atlas rims! I am changing them out for the ones on my ranger due to them being a better fit for the 35's. Sorry........ Look forward to the slabs run...

Hey brian, I noticed that you have coil spacers. Are these up front? And if they are upfront, could it be used with a 1998 explorer sport 2wd? I am looking for about 1.5 inches up front. If this could work it would be awsome.

thanks for your help
travis

P.S.
Truck Magic 2 is set to debut in August. Yours will be an inch taller, but i'm also going to have racing stripes. I have a red explorer and the stripes will be black or white, not sure yet. But if you don't want a red copy of yours go ahead and let me now and ill make mine a bit different. I am doing a light bar up top. But if you want a fraternal twin, Truck Magic 2 is coming in August. Now if i can just get Sinjin to do the body lift.... (i'd pay him handsomely).

Paco (Turds) Good luck on what you decide to do. Do enough research and it will pull through.

Back