new pics of 2wd w/ 35's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new pics of 2wd w/ 35's

Make sure you look at all the pages! Pictures are being added daily! Here are some quick pictures I took of my 1992 2wd Explorer with 10 inches of lift and 35" BFG Mudders. I have a 6 inch Skyjacker Suspension lift, 1.5" Warrior Shackle Lift, 1.5" F-150 Coil Spacers, and 3" Body lift for a total of 10"s. I also installed a Powertrax locker in the rear with 4:10 Gearing. Better photos to come. More photos on other pages of this thread.
View

View

And here is one that I took next to a Honda Civic just to show you how much taller it is. I will have some action photos soon to come.
View

[Edited by trckmagik on 01-08-2001 at 09:30 AM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks awesome! I wonder if you could run over that Civic? Quick question where did you get the rear diffy cover and how much?

I got it from my local 4x4 shop here in Dallas, Texas. I think I paid somewhere around 50.00 for it. It adds a nice touch to the rear though. Looks good in between the warrior shackles.

Looking good, And to think that Explorer was lowered at one time. Now you just need to do the 4x4 convertion on it and you will be set.

I think he can go over that civic :D. Looks GREAT man!

Wheel Chair

By the looks of it, he can apparently fit a wheelchair underneath it!

looks great!! How do you like the 6" skyjacker?? Thats the one I am looking at and would love to hear your comments on it!

Offroad. I love the 6" Skyjacker. I have the 5.5 Superlift on my ranger and am so much happier w/ the quality of the Skyjacker. Now I have had my Superlift installed on the Ranger for 5 years now w/ no problems, but that truck basically sits in storage 11 months out of the year so I wouldnt expect it to have problems. Anyways, go with the Skyjacker, you will not be let down.
By the way, I think I can crawl up on the civic in the picture. I am going to a local junk yard soon to do some car crawling. I am going to slip them thirty bucks to let me find a vehicle to crawl up on. Hopefully I wont roll :) Thanks for all the comments so far.

And Kris, About the truck being lowered at one time is pretty funny. Its been exactly a year since I was scrapping pavement in it. It used to be so low I couldnt even go over speedbumps. Crazy huh?

Lowered huh? Got any pics of that? I'm sure they'd be interesting. Looks great!

Sorry Grant, I dont have any photos of it lowered. I could kick myself in the head 1,000 times for that to. The only thing I have is views of it lowered through a camcorder.

no way man! it used to be lowered!! I could never see that thing lowered, but i bet it would look sweet though. I prefer the lifted one better though man, its a nice looking truck. Are you thinking about getting a conversion to 4x4? or maybe a fiberglass conversion to make it look newer? I'm thinking about doin the fiberglass conversion and then when i get like 3000 dollars i might convert it to a 4x4, but it depends on how many times i get stuck and if its worth it. Well cya later man

I have thought about the comversion and the fiberglass many a times. If I convert it to 4x4 it will be witha solid axle up front. That money tree on my back porch is not producing as much money as I need to do everything to this truck. I will one day have a new fiberglass front end w/ a major custom paint job and mural on the tailgate, a 5.0 mustang engine swap, and 4x4 conversion w/ solid axle. I figure I need about 15,000.00 and I can get a little closer to being done w/ my beast.

How come you're parked in a handicapped spot? Pull a hamstring getting up in there or break a leg falling out of it? :D

Boy howdy.. that is an awesome looking truck

hey trckmagik how wide are those tires you have on your explorer? they look like 12.5's or something. well later man

The tires are 12.50 wide. I just parked in that spot to show you it next to the civic. The sticker above the web address says Trckmagik! I am still thinking of mods so keep the ideas coming. Thanks again for all your compliments! They help with my ideas.

Brian, I thought your dual exhaust originally came straight out the back, what made you send them out the sides? I think you pretty much went all out on that beast, I cant think of much else to do to it, course I'm not too creative...Get a big EXPLORER decal to put across the windshield.

well there is another way to get more of a lift if you want it, get an add-a-leaf package to get like 2 inches or something, I am gonna get that later after i get 5 inches then i am gonna try and find a 2" add-a-leaf package to get it 7 inches. It will make your ride more stiff but still there's more lift, but it looks really good right now anyways so I wouldn't worry bout the add-a-leaf unless you just really want it. well later dude
oh yeah and get some clears in the back like you have in the front, i think it will make it look way better, but its your choice, later

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, How do 4.10's turn those 35's I just got a set of 4.10's and I'm ging to be getting 35's soon. Also does your rear lift consist of a spring over conversion? In those pictures it looks like the springs are still under the axle. Thanks Robbie

Back