New Pictures: Debadged, Clear Corners, Removed Pinstriping, Lowered Licence Plate | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Pictures: Debadged, Clear Corners, Removed Pinstriping, Lowered Licence Plate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

section525 said:
Your dog does what mine does too. :D Has to try and get in every picture. :p

I hadn't even noticed, but you're totally right. He loves to get in the shots.

mynameisaric said:
very nice. i like the way those rims stick out ever so slightly giving it a mean stance. very clean.

Yeah, I like it too. (of course until it rains and it splatters over the side of the truck!)

02LimitedX said:
very very nice lookin X! Mine is the same color, I'm gonna be ordering some chrome running boards (I have the same ones you do right now), it should make it look much better. Are thoes the oem clear corners or ebay ones?

Make sure you put up some picts with the Chrome running boards. I'll be curious to see how that looks.

Nice job with the truck i like it alot.

wow that is one hell of a nice explorer trayson it looks bad ass wow i like how it looks. Hey trayson you got clips of your gibson exhaust on ur explorer at all.

Sams01XplrSprt said:
wow that is one hell of a nice explorer trayson it looks bad ass wow i like how it looks. Hey trayson you got clips of your gibson exhaust on ur explorer at all.

Nope no clips yet... maybe someday when I get less lazy!

Very nice! I am not a big fan of lowering SUVs, but yours sure does look sweet.

I just looked at it again, it is not lowered, just bigger wheels, Sweet!

I thought it was lowered...

In his sig, it says Ground Force Springs. So it's lowered with those springs.

Tray, your truck looks awesome. Good job on it.

Vic

vp6799 said:
In his sig, it says Ground Force Springs. So it's lowered with those springs.

Tray, your truck looks awesome. Good job on it.

Vic

Yep, Ground Force LOWERING springs.

...and thanks.

philster01 said:
Very nice! I am not a big fan of lowering SUVs, but yours sure does look sweet.

I wasn't really either. However, the most that my Explorer has to do that requires ground clearance is going to to the ski resort on plowed roads.

But, if it makes you feel better, I have plenty of ground clearance on my other SUV:

x1pmAkndzHuOffg16JCJdgdrfAFt7su8h2RezFhGTx2zrp1--Ydfd5PEP5VdBOZ5zryH5Dq0xM-Sg4RkUbqKgoPrAIWDAHrzRg_q8PXfWGSNZ3aPajTfUecgE7Q07bdaOyN

The evidence :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :
IMG_0675.JPG

2004%20Quest%20Silver%20rear%20right3%20800.jpg

Hehe great looking X tho (its clean) :thumbsup:

trayson - please clear your private message inbox.

Otherwise, please shorten your signature to 6 lines or less. Thanks

-Drew

I have the same color except mine is an 03'. My question to you is what did you use to lower the license plate and when you removed the pin striping was there any damage to the paint?

XPerties said:
I have the same color except mine is an 03'. My question to you is what did you use to lower the license plate and when you removed the pin striping was there any damage to the paint?

1) I went to walmart and bought a black license plate frame w/ a clear plastic cover to go over the plate.

2) I also bought a license plate "mounting plate". Basically a black piece of plastic with some screws that I mounted to the bumper and in turn the plate/frame/clear cover mounted to the backing plate.

3) How did I mount it to the bumper? Well... :eek: I used screws. :eek: Yep, I drilled holes in my bumper! You know why? Because it's my rig and if there are a couple extra holes in the bumper that the license plate covers, I don't care--especially since when I eventually sell it years down the road, the buyer will never notice. *evil laugh* But seriously, I've finally gotten over the fear of drilling holes in my rig or modifying it.

4) When I removed the pin striping, the paint was fine. The rig only has 25k miles on it. The pin striping was essentially a sticker. The process I used was
a) Heat w/ Hair dryer
b) peal off pinstriping
c) remove residue w/ Goo Gone
d) use a fine cut paint cleaner
e) Wax entire car

It's not perfect, and if you look REALLY close, you can see where I did the paint cleaner, but if I took it and had it professionally buffed, you'd probably never know. I think I got too agressive with the paint cleaner, but that was my bad and inexperience.

IZwack said:
The evidence :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :
IMG_0675.JPG

2004%20Quest%20Silver%20rear%20right3%20800.jpg

Hehe great looking X tho (its clean) :thumbsup:

Okay, maybe I'm really missing a joke here... I know there was something I was supposed to see by showing a side by side of my rig versus a Nissan Mini Van... So, fill me in because it went over my head. :confused: :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really like the ex. Very nice stance and a unique color for a lowered rig. As far as the joke goes, just implying the soccermomness of the newer explorers. LOL.

Back