New Pictures: Debadged, Clear Corners, Removed Pinstriping, Lowered Licence Plate | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Pictures: Debadged, Clear Corners, Removed Pinstriping, Lowered Licence Plate

Mother F'in. I went to look at my pin strip and I'll be dammed if it ain't painted on. Why would they paint it on. ugggg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it possible to obtain matching billet parts for around the Fog/Spot lights, just to complete the picture as it were

clean I like it.

ktford said:
Is it possible to obtain matching billet parts for around the Fog/Spot lights, just to complete the picture as it were

I haven't seen any. I think that would look really nice if they existed.

If anyone's seen some, post up!

what is your rim size and tire size?

I really like the stance but could nbot see if you mentioned the rim size, I know the diameter but I am looking for the offset, I really like the stance and would like to do something similiar with mine.

Thanks

dannyb420 said:
I really like the stance but could nbot see if you mentioned the rim size, I know the diameter but I am looking for the offset, I really like the stance and would like to do something similiar with mine.

Thanks

Chrome 20in, BOSS 308, 20x8.5 rim with a 5.2" backspacing.

boss_308.jpg

Im not a fan of big rims, but like everyone else said, those look great! :D

I cleared the front corners on my '02 with OEM's from Australia, but now I'm looking to complete the look by clearing the taillights. I know there's plenty of aftermarket "altezza" solutions out there, but I like the look of the 2006 Mountaineer lights. I wonder if they'd fit on an '02 explorer?

backspacing

I looked at rims with a 20mm backspacing. I tried the conversion to compare but it comes out to like .787 or something, in inches, does anyone know if that seems correct?

Where did you get that grill!?!?!?!

I love it! What is it called/where did you find it?

very nice.. what type of exhaust do you have and did you do a cat back or true dual?

That looks pretty good! So nice in fact, that I copied you and debadged mine Limited. I have the mineral gray paint also, it looks good without all that extra stuff everywhere. I'm not sure I can do the 20's though! Not that I don't like em, just not my preference. The grills look great too.

phil_635 said:
very nice.. what type of exhaust do you have and did you do a cat back or true dual?

I've actually never looked to see if it's a cat back or true dual. Go figure.

It's made by gibson. I do know that there's two pipes flowing through the muffler... (i.e. Two pipes in, two pipes out)

Maybe the next time I get it up on a lift, I'll take pictures...

thetad45 said:
I love it! What is it called/where did you find it?

Sorry, I don't remember the brand. However there's zillions of billet grills available on the internet... I'd just do a search.

Trayson, you having any problems with it being lowered as far as tire wear?
Did you install a camber kit?

asimp said:
Trayson, you having any problems with it being lowered as far as tire wear?
Did you install a camber kit?

Tire wear problems? not as far as I've noticed.

Camber kit? Not sure, the rig was lowered when I bought it.

I don't think it had anything like that, as I'd imagine the prevous owner would have mentioned it.

I just thought I would join the crowd and say I like your work on the Explorer. Very nice indeed.
I'm also another one who has the Mineral Gray Metallic paint. I swear it changes color slightly every time I look at it. Sometimes it looks a little greenish, tanish, goldish...just depends on the angle and lighting. I wasn't sure about the color at first, but I'm liking it a lot now.
I may have to try some styling cues from you. Heck, I already copied the Class III hitch now!
Nice job Trayson.
Ken

I put my clear corners on yesterday and they look great. Got them on Ebay for a great price...came with new bulbs too. Got them from AceMotors. Very quick communications and fast shipping too. Their corners are top quality. They look and fit OEM...I'm very pleased with them. Install took all of 5 minutes...4 to find the right size socket for the screw head!
I also got my rear hatch de-badged and have to admit that it looks ton's better.
Heck, just can't leave well enough alone. Always something to fiddle with!
Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back