New Pioneer Deck | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Pioneer Deck

never mind didnt read the whole thread, but are the stock speakers in an xlt with am/fm/cd/tape without a sub the same as the mountianeer without a sub

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe it depends on what the sound system you have in there is, (JBL vs stock). Don't take my word for it though, I'd assume so.

I have this deck and love it! There are a few things that would be nice having, like a usb port in the rear (i think the 4200 has it, but wasn't going to pay an extra 250 for it). My screen did go out on it, started with a green line across the screen (in the middle dammit) and then a blue one on the bottom. i am currently waiting for the new screen to be ship from pioneer to the repair shop.

I've been pretty lucky with mine so far, i've had no problems at all with it. I prefer having the USB at the front so i can just pull it out of the slot right away when i get to school since i have music and files on there. sorry you're not having the best experience with it so far, but i'm glad you really like it, cause i know i do!

can you comment on how that unit sounds with the stock speakers( if you still used them when you installed the unit)? im thinking of just getting a new HU instead of speakers(cant decide what ones/ dont know how to install with amp)

I would replace the head unit first. I did this and noticed a big difference in sound quality with just changing the stock radio to a pioneer.

I would replace the head unit first. I did this and noticed a big difference in sound quality with just changing the stock radio to a pioneer.

i was asking because i have an older amp(mtx thunder 4244) and an older pioneer head unit(deh-p3000ib wanted ipod control and only have 2 sets of preouts) and its only 14w rms(pioneer says its 22 but some CEA2006 thing rates it as 14) and i have to crank it to at least 45(out of 60 and its painfully loud) to hear discertion between mids and highs, are the amplifiers in the double din units better it says it still only 14w rms certified by CEA2006 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22418_Pioneer-AVH-P3200DVD.html ? also how hard is it to install the parking break thing? and can it really power a sub without an external amp(was thinking of getting a jl audio 10w0 to go with my system)? also will this unit work with a 160gb ipod classic?

i was asking because i have an older amp(mtx thunder 4244) and an older pioneer head unit(deh-p3000ib wanted ipod control and only have 2 sets of preouts) and its only 14w rms(pioneer says its 22 but some CEA2006 thing rates it as 14) and i have to crank it to at least 45(out of 60 and its painfully loud) to hear discertion between mids and highs, are the amplifiers in the double din units better it says it still only 14w rms certified by CEA2006 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22418_Pioneer-AVH-P3200DVD.html ? also how hard is it to install the parking break thing? and can it really power a sub without an external amp(was thinking of getting a jl audio 10w0 to go with my system)? also will this unit work with a 160gb ipod classic?

First off, idk what the rms rating is on these radios but ever since I've been buying pioneer (for about 6 years) they have had a 50W max per channel rating which is way better than the stock radio supplies.

The parking brake wiring is easy. It needs a ground supply wire to make the radio "think" the parking brake is on. So if you wanted to watch a movie while driving ;) then just hook up a switched ground wire to the parking brake input.

You can not power a sub without an external amp..

As did I, whenever people are in my truck they think i have a woofer in it. :thumbsup:

Back