New Ranger ?

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Am I the only one to see the internet chatter about Ford resurrecting the Ranger?

I swear that I am not high!

I even saw one about a 2016 SVT Bronco.

Anybody else see this stuff?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The stale ass argument that Ford keeps making about potential Ranger buyers buying a 150 bothers me.

Yes, I bought a 2013 150, but the Colorado was not available, and the other small pick ups had the same problem as the Ranger.

But the real reason I bought a 150 was value. I know a Ford dealer and I got a really good deal. But I looked at all the other small pick us. The 150 for me was no more expensive and gets better gas mileage.

But I still prefer my 2004 Ranger (Level II) for everything except overall size.

When I consider my next pick up purchase, I will be look at at the Colorado and the Tacoma, and definitely not another 150, unless Ford wants to give them away.

It is really going to happen. The new Ranger in 2018 and the Bronco in 2020.

Will Rick need to rename the site?

I always wanted a full 4dr ranger and it does appear it will be coming in the future. Sad thing is I already have 2 kids and my girl is preggo with twins so I'm going to be stuck with full sizes for awhile.

It doesn't matter to me because it will probably out of my price range. I have already had a full size p/u & at this point in my life we have no children & just 1 dog so the size of my 2000 Ranger is just fine for me.

It is really going to happen. The new Ranger in 2018 and the Bronco in 2020.

Will Rick need to rename the site?

...This is something I talked to Ford about last year at SEMA and at that time it was not going to happen.

...I talked to Ford reps briefly this year and it wasn't going to happen but if anyone has any links to current news of the new Ranger...post them up here and I will follow up and see if i can get more info for you...:D

The last article read was a reference to the UAW contract with Ford. They are moving production of Fusion, I think, to Mexico from Michigan. The production facility in Michigan will begin producing the new Ranger based on the international Ranger for sale in 2018. The Bronco would be manufactured at the same facility with a 2020 release date. It is supposed to be based on the Everest platform.

But can you really believe anything that is on the internet? I will believe it when I see one in my driveway.

Back