• Register Today It's free!

New ride!!

Full Force

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Mountaineer Premier
After the car jacking of my 03 Eddie Bauer Explorer, I decided to get a Mountaineer this time, it was easier finding the options I wanted in the Mountaineer Premier..

2007 with 4.6, All options besides, power running boards and electric foot pedals, has navigation too which is cool since we will use it alot...

Finally got it clean to get pics, bought a week ago and it has been messy out since!

I love this color, just wish I could have found one with charcoal interior, very hard to find!!

cid__IMG00246-20100213-1428.jpg

cid__IMG00247-20100213-1428.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks very nice. We drove a new Demo a few weeks ago. We would have traded (our Mariner) if the #s were right. I actually prefer the tan interior. The Charcoal is so...well...dark and dreary. My ST has the black (charcoal) all over. If you compare price/options, you actaully get more for your $ on the Mountaineer vs. Ex.

That is a slick ride right there. It looks so rich.

Looks very nice. We drove a new Demo a few weeks ago. We would have traded (our Mariner) if the #s were right. I actually prefer the tan interior. The Charcoal is so...well...dark and dreary. My ST has the black (charcoal) all over. If you compare price/options, you actaully get more for your $ on the Mountaineer vs. Ex.

Yea, this one had about 15,000 miles more then all 07's with same options and color, we wanted this color... saved me about 3000.00 getting 15,000 m ore miles....

I was looking at Explorer Limiteds but had a real hard time finding Navigation, moon roof, DVD, and V-8 in the explorer, was alot easier in the Mountaineer Premier though..

Nice ride. I just bought a 08 to go in the driveway with the 02. I love Mounties, my 02 has the char. and grey seats and the 08 has the tan and cream. I like the dark better too. I am not sure about the dark with the pewter paint? Neither of ours are premiers but both decked out. The mounty just looks classy. I think the grill and headlights look better and the taillights are better IMO too. But enjoy the ride and hope it treats you good.

STU

Thanks!! the last 4 Explorers were great to me!! Hope it continues!

I am contemplating this exact same model.......'07 premier, 4.6L, AWD and even the white chocolate exterior with tan interior.

Anything i should be looking for or questions to ask before I buy??????????

I am contemplating this exact same model.......'07 premier, 4.6L, AWD and even the white chocolate exterior with tan interior.

Anything i should be looking for or questions to ask before I buy??????????

Not really as long as it runs and drives fine, the only issue I had with my 03 over 4 years was one wheel bearing and idle air control solenoid, otherwise was flawless..

I would ask for service records and car fax to be sure on history, I do all my own maintainence so after me there usually is not much in records but the condition of my vehicles speak for themselves...
On that color any piant work will stand out like a sore thumb usually so look for that too..

Good luck and post pics if you get it!!

Well.......I just committed to buying your twin!!! :D

I am pretty excited to get my hands on it. I will post some pix when it is actually sitting in my driveway!!

Well.......I just committed to buying your twin!!! :D

I am pretty excited to get my hands on it. I will post some pix when it is actually sitting in my driveway!!

Why is it not now????!!!??

Congrats!

I love my new one...I did not realize how much better they ride over my 03, i thought it rode fine, the 07 is WAY better!

It is an internet purchase from across the country........gotta mail paperwork/money and have it shipped........and shipping can take UP TO 10 days depending on how fast they can get it picked up.

Here is a pic of the actual vehicle from the dealers internet site.

Attachments

• Mounty.jpg
    Mounty.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 490

Is that in Parma, Ohio??????

Dang sweet ride Delta Dog!

STU

Is that in Parma, Ohio??????

Yes. Did you see it on e-bay or do you live up that way?? Wanna go inspect it and drive it down for me?? ;)

Yes. Did you see it on e-bay or do you live up that way?? Wanna go inspect it and drive it down for me?? ;)

I looked at it, I live 10 min. away, what did you get it for? if you don't mind....I believe the front and rear bumpers were repianted, probably from chips or whatever, (my rt front was touched up on the front bumper, you can tell in the pic the color is off, I will be redoing that this spring) did not look like a bad truck at all, it was a decent price compared to the others I was looking at.....where is it going? you south or west coast?

$15,300 was all I could get them down to.........and another $600 to have it shipped to LA (Lower Alabama)

Thanks for the inspection and observation on the bumpers.

How come you didn't buy the one in Parma.......I am guessing you found yours cheaper elsewhere? Don't worry about hurting my feelings if you didn't like it for some reason.......I am more interested if you thought something was wrong with it.

$15,300 was all I could get them down to.........and another $600 to have it shipped to LA (Lower Alabama)

Thanks for the inspection and observation on the bumpers.

How come you didn't buy the one in Parma.......I am guessing you found yours cheaper elsewhere? Don't worry about hurting my feelings if you didn't like it for some reason.......I am more interested if you thought something was wrong with it.

The bumpers painted bothered me, did not have the dvd player.. went for lower miles, not too big a deal, I didnot drive it, nobody was there when I saw it or nobody came out to talk to me, mid day Saturday, so that tuned me off, seems like they wanted internet only..?? no idea..

even with the couple flaws it had I think it is a good price, I looked at 30 of them, and I was hard pressed to find any 07's under 20,000 with the options I wanted, or they had more miles...

Mine also has the suede seat centers, I liked that...!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The bumpers painted bothered me, did not have the dvd player.. went for lower miles, not too big a deal, I didnot drive it, nobody was there when I saw it or nobody came out to talk to me, mid day Saturday, so that tuned me off, seems like they wanted internet only..?? no idea..

even with the couple flaws it had I think it is a good price, I looked at 30 of them, and I was hard pressed to find any 07's under 20,000 with the options I wanted, or they had more miles...

Thanks.......I feel better!! And this one was WAY cheaper than all but one other comparably outfited........and it was sold. Most others have been
$18K and up.

Back