• Register Today It's free!

NEW SET UP....

DroppedKamelion

Reaction score
City, State
H-Town home of the twin drop top arenas
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
alright i dont no much about speakers or nuthin like that, but i want a throwed system. tell me if yall think this will work, or if it will be distorted or something like that. also tell me if any of the brands ive picked arnt worth it. thanks 4 the help.

** a Sony CDX-MP70 mp3/cd player with 10 disk changer for the headunit.
** either 2 or 4 Kicker Solo-Baric 02S15L74 15 inch subs inverted into a ported box with 4 Kicker 02KX400.1 sub amps. if i decide to go with two speakers, i am going to have 1 amp for each voice coil. if i go with 4, i will have 1 amp per sub.
** a Kicker 03KX150.4 multi channel amp for the rest of the system
** a Kicker K-Series 02K57 5x7 in each door
** a custom kick panel on the front driver and passenger side that has a Kicker Resolution R5c 5.25 speaker and a Kicker Resolution Series Dome Tweeter on each side
** a Luxmobil DA-7169 motorized in dash screen installed in the DIN over the headunit.
** a Pyle PLTDVCR600 DVD/VCR/MP3 all in one unit
** a Luxmobil Lfm-700S2 7 inch flip down screen
** eventually a Luxmobil Lux lvm-702j 7 inch screen in each headrest/visor
** a Lightning Audio Strike LSPI300HW power inverter, so i can easily move my ps2 from the house to the car
** a Kicker 03KX3 Crossover w/ bass control switch
** an optima yellow top battery with a Stinger HPM Series SC241MPT stiffening capacitor

well thats all for now. let me know if theres anything else im going to need. i hope to finish with my setup soon so i can get it painted, and start on the outside modifications (lowering, 20 inch rims (either some Spintek Dont Stoppers or some 20 inch chrome daytons, i dont know yet), body kit, and stuff like that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds great to me... gonna be lots of $$$$

All I can think of is some wiring for the amps. I've got a CDX-MP70 + 10 disc changer, and it's great, you're gonna really love the setup you have planned! I keep my volume on 2 and I have maybe half the stuff you have, I can tell you this much, it's gonna be loud!

thanks yall. loudness is what im aimen for. i plan on putting it in car shows once i get done (im aiming for my first to be Los Magnificos around holloween).

husky about the mp70, doesd it display the ID3 tags? thats the biggest thing im concerned about personally. also does it have alot of rattle?

Yes it displays the ID3 tags, and they also scroll, you have a few options of how you want them to show. When you say rattle, if you mean on the outside when up loud, if there is a rattling, then yes there is, as with every system, you will need to dynomat all the panels to get rid of the rattling.

no no im talking about does the loud bass cause the cd player/changer to rattle and skip?

That won't happen, I haven't heard of anything like this with any newer CD players.

I'd say avoid sony due to too many failures Ive seen on these decks over the past 13 years. The tray on the 70 is cool but - meh...

Lucid, since u kind of sound like u know what ur talking about can u suggest any other HUs that

**plays MP3s
**displays full ID3 (artist & Title)
**has atleast a 10+ Cd changer available

im still thinking about the MP70, but i kan search around and see if theres any thing out there thats better.

what about higher end pioneers, i have a deh p400, its not too bad, im sure you can get what your looking for from them.......

IMO, they're quality hasnt gone down that much in past years......

Alpine 9813/9815 would have the most power output and solid decks. I prefer Kenwood/Excelon for controls and displays. Clarion is also very good.

Kenwoods have the music kegs w/20 gigs of storage if you're looking to stash mp3s

i saw a kenwood with 20 gigs. how many songs is that?

my buddy has an alpine and it takes forever to load and skip mp3s. Not recommended if you like to skip to the next song quickly. I've had clarion decks all my life and love'em. I also like Eclipse decks, they're bombproof and most have 8V preamp outs. My clarion has 4V preamps, which are excellent also. I HIGHLY recommend looking at the preamp voltage, anything less than 4V and you'll get noticeable degradation of signal to the amps.

Dont get a keg they are way too much money when u can buy a great cd-mp3 player for a fraction of the cost and just put 200 songs on a $.10 cd-r. I have a kenwood excelon x859 and its amazing. they have a new version called the x869 that replaced mine so you might not be able to still buy mine but if u can find it, it is the best deck ive seen in any of the non-competing systems around here. (no experiece with the extremely top shelf stuff like macintosh and such)

i dunno...i really want a harddrive mp3 player jus b-kuz there so cool....but ill prolly end up going with a clarion mp3 cd player

also, are there any motorized in dash screens that also function as a mp3 player?

Back