• Register Today It's free!

new shocks

FocusSTGuy

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer EddieBaurer
Hello everyone i have a question i need to do some repairs on my X like fixing, a oil leak coming from my oil filter adapter and oil sending unit, lower ball joints and upper control arm bushing, front shocks ( just going to replaced all 4), fixing my guage cluster so i can actually see something else than speed at night ( good thing i have that center console unit to see how much gas i have at night lol), and i think thats it..

well my question is i was looking into some bilstein shock but then i thought about Fox racing shocks but i saw there applicantion chart and well they dont offer anything for the X but i noticed they do for the 98 2wd ranger.. so my question is would shocks from a ranger fit my 2wd X, would really like a set of fox shocks but i cant ill just get the bilstein.. i do plan lifting my X with the TT all the way and warrior shackles in the rear with maybe a AAL..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get rancho rs5000 or the bilstein. i'm actually getting buying some rancho
s tomorrow, get them put on within the week. i've heard nothing but good things from them

Ranchos are great shocks with a killer warrenty as long as you dont mind swaping them out every year. I say go kyb.

Ranchos are great shocks with a killer warrenty as long as you dont mind swaping them out every year.

I've had my RSX's on the truck for seven years. The shocks are still fine. I had to replace the front upper bushings one time but Rancho sent me some free.

I have superlifts on mine and they are awsome
100_4173.jpg

^^ cool thanks i will look into those were did you get them from..

A Cousin of my friend has Rancho shocks on his F150 and he told me that there alright but they just blow out quick, that i should look into something else.. now that i think about it how about the edelbrock shocks the IAS performers the red one's... any feedback on those, i know that a cousin had those on his lift grand cherokee, but he's no longer owns it..

well it looks like im getting rancho shocks.. now i have to decide between RS5000 or the RSX, would like to get the RS9000XL but i dont think i need that much.. which between the RS5000 and RSX are the beginner shocks...

im leaning more towards the RSX

Go for the gusto man! RS9000XL, do it! Look at the list of items on your 98... why skimp now? Dooooo it :)

(saw the website: RSX struts, hmm... I'll look into that.

yeah im going to look into the RSX models since those are the ones in the middle between the RS5000 and the RS9000Xl, just have to look into who has them for a better price

Back