new SYNC Software V3.7 update | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new SYNC Software V3.7 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
See post 63. As jmr061 mentioned, the ambient file 'fix' disappeared after loading 3.7 but could not say if the 'fix' was included in the update or not. He will keep an eye on the lighting issue to see if it returns.
Logic would imply that the fix should have been included but that doesn't necessarily make it so.

Feedback from everyone I've talked to w/ 3.7 installed said they no longer are experiencing the ambient lighting problem. jmr never stated the problem reoccurred after the update. Like you say, logic says the fix is included, and the long winded, demeaning post by DeepBlueSC provides only empty, unsourced facts, and useless comparisons (along with a thinly veiled implication that he/she is somehow affiliated with the Ford MFT group).

Ford has NEVER provided a comprehensive list of bugs it has fixed, unless the release was specifically for a TSB. Even then the "list" of fixes included is vague at best.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your discourse is the one that is far from civil and you have been the one on the "attack" in this thread. Calling someone's concern (legitimate or not) a "totalitarian demand" and then insulting them with ridiculous examples is far from civil. :thumbdwn:

PeterK9 - I think this thread is done. It's probably best to lock it down before any more of this nonsense.

Is this what they mean by the expression 'Calling the kettle black'?

1. You lacked civil discourse in this response about my civil discourse comment. HMMM. Guess the rules only apply to others, not oneself...

2. I made no attacks on anyone even while being put in a position to defend the attacks on my original post. HMMM. Guess attack and civil discourse are in the eye of the beholder...

3. Taking my Totalitarian demand comment so far outside of the sentence and context it was clearly placed in seems rather self-serving. Oh, wait, you didn't get what you want so beating up on your little brother is the appropriate response. My bad.

4. Oh, PeterK9, I just got the last word in on this so kill the thread to protect me from retribution...

Well if we're gonna be a bunch of 5 year old's, so be it. NEENER, NEENER, NEENER. My dad can beat up your dad! Oh yeah, your mother dresses you funny and you have fuzzballs on your sweater.

Seriously???

I'm going to go jump off a bridge now so everyone who was mean to me will fell terrible about being so mean to me.

I could see this being a huge deal if the alternative were a catastrophic failure of some sort. The idea that somebody is inferring that they are being cheated or deceived because they aren't getting maps for a place thousands of miles away that they can't even drive their vehicle to, and haven't even indicated they were planning on doing so IF they could only get the maps is beyond ridiculous. So is publicly lambasting Ford, or any other manufacturer of anything because one isn't getting something that somebody else is.

Tell you what, for anyone who feels slighted by the fact that v3.7 isn't intended for them, post your mailing address and I'll send you a map of New Zealand for crying out loud. There, now that's a bit rude, somewhat thoughtless and could be perceived as an attack, or at least a lack of civil discourse.

Maybe we should have a forum requirement that anyone who wants to post or support claims of discontent towards their Explorer must post the name of the company they work for (or own), along with a list of the products and/or services they provide and the warranty for said products/services AND the entire list of promises, commitments and guarantees made, or may have been made by the sales and marketing department. Then we, as independent, free thinking individuals can decide if those who would complain live up to and by the same standards the openly demand here.

Mortgage Field Services. Owner/CEO. Warranty: Every order will be completed by the agreed upon due date; will provide and maintain all required equipment to perform and complete orders, including carrying millions of dollars in general liability insurance AND millions of dollars of Errors and Omissions insurance as well as indemnify all clients from any recourse due to my company's failure to perform the work. Never had an insurance claim and have grown the company from a one man operation to a national presence.

There, I put mine out there, who's next?

To all who may take offense to this post, I apologize as it was never my intentions. Clearly however, I will neither blindly follow any self-appointed leader, or go along to get along, nor will I surrender my free thoughts simply to appease another.

Since this thread is going nowhere constructively, it is being closed.

Peter

*HELP* MyFord Touch Update 3.7

Im in need of the MyFord Touch Gen2-3.7 Update file for 2014 Ford Explorer Sport with the Navigation.

I downloaded from the ford site but the file got messed up so i deleted it and now the ford site says my system is up to date so i can't download the file anymore.

You can download it from my FTP. Send me a PM for details.

Welcome to the Forum r1superbike11.:wavey:
I'm not sure why the site is telling you that you are up to date? Are you sure it is referring to 3.7 and not 3.6.2. Usually you have to go back in to your account to report a successful installation by using the same USB stick that you used to download the update.

I have also merged your thread with this one in the IVT sub forum.

Peter

Why are they not rolling this out to 2013 owners? I have been burned by Ford and will probably not buy another Ford for a long time. MFT is better but still has a long way to go. Entering destinations is flaky and ambient light settings do not stick for more than a week.

There is a TSB fix for the ambient lighting under version 3.6.2.

Contact your dealer.

Jason

My 2014 Explorer Sync update to V 3.7

Received notification on Sync update to ver 3.7 yesterday on owner.ford.com web site. Downloaded and installed it today. Now to see what is improved. Funny, my 2013 Escape still says ver 3.6.2 is up to date.

Let us know what changed. How do we see what our current Sync version is?

Received notification on Sync update to ver 3.7 yesterday on owner.ford.com web site. Downloaded and installed it today. Now to see what is improved. Funny, my 2013 Escape still says ver 3.6.2 is up to date.
Ford isn't updating 2013s and back. Most suspect 3.6.2 will be the final upgrade.

Ford isn't updating 2013s and back. Most suspect 3.6.2 will be the final upgrade.

That's messed up. Ford isn't the only car manufacture not updating infotainment systems in older models. These car manufacturers need to stop treating these cars like cell phones which only get updates up until 2 years after their release. These are 5-10 year investments. Not $800 gadgets you upgrade every two years.

Hyundai is doing it right. They are pretty much providing a display so the owner can plug their Android or iPhone into a USB port and display Android Auto or Car Play. That way, it's guaranteed that your cars infotainment system will receive updates for a long time to come.

Message to Ford******Put a stop to this new Blackberry crap and do what Hyundai is doing. Just give us a 9" capacitive display and the ability to stream Android Auto or Car Play through USB. You along with most other car manufactures cannot be trusted when it comes to updating cabin technology over the life of the vehicle.

Not everyone has a Smart phone. ;) Also, Ford has said that the current system will still be supported once the QNX system come out.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back